Archie's Post game "Rant"

54 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Except for Lunardi and some of our reactionary fans, who actually thinks we are on the bubble?

If things ended today I'd say we are in and probably not even a last 4 in.  But if we should screw up and lose Wednesday we are a bubble team.   I just don't think an average team finishing the seasons last 5 games with 1 win is a lock.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

If things ended today I'd say we are in and probably not even a last 4 in.  But if we should screw up and lose Wednesday we are a bubble team.   I just don't think an average team finishing the seasons last 5 games with 1 win is a lock.

Go Hoosiers!!!

That’s the thing. Those of us who are saying we need to beat NE don’t think we need that win to push us in. We think we need to avoid a bad loss that could, based on other scenarios that could play out, knock us out. 

6 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

Fair statement...cannot lose to Nebraska. Period.

4 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

For those who doubt, Michigan's best wins:

Gonzaga, Iowa, Rutgers-twice, Msu

IU's best wins:

Fsu, osu, Msu, Penn State, Iowa, 

When you do blind resumes and leave out conference standings, IU matches teams that are ranked way above them. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Currently Nebraska is having their hat handed to them by Minnesota.  Down  94-64 with 5 minutes left in the game.

If IU loses to Nebraska, it would be a very bad loss at the worst possible time. No way it should happen. IU needs to win that game going away.

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

If IU loses to Nebraska, it would be a very bad loss at the worst possible time. No way it should happen. IU needs to win that game going away.

Could not agree more.  IU will be coming into the game with 19 wins.  Nebraska with 7. 

37 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

When you do blind resumes and leave out conference standings, IU matches teams that are ranked way above them. 

100%.  But that doesn't fit ESPN's narrative.  They started their coverage with how terrible IU's number of losses are, and that the game was must win to have any chance of getting in the tournament.  They repeated those talking points over and over no matter how the game was going.

It was like Dukie V working Duke into every game conversation no matter the time or circumstance.  Lunardi is a hack that has parlayed the act of guessing seeding into a full time career. Now that there are others doing the same prognostication,  and doing it better, ESPN has to try to protect their turf.  Glad Archie called him out.  What is ESPN gonna do?  Talk MORE negatively about IU basketball?!

5 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Says the guy who thinks winning enough games to get off the bubble and making the Final Four are the same thing.  You’re a real genius 🙄

We’re not on the bubble. 91 out 92 brackets have us in. We average a high 9 seed in thos brackets with the highest being an 8 and lowest 11... We are fine bud 

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

But yet, there have been many teams over the years that were left at the door on Selection Sunday. Many deserving to be in and some were left wondering HTH they got a bid.

Just saying, even with 20 wins, I'm not too sure. IU will be in a wait and see until then. It's gonna be a long week......

20 wins are just the first step. Next, need to be concerned that teams that are not in the consideration do not go on a run to win their automatic bids.  Sad that Valpo lost today. And Bradley was got in. Yet they were more deserving.

Again. HAVE to be worried about non qualifiers going an a run to win their automatic conference championships.

Tons of bracketoligists out there. Espn obviously the big one. Arch answered the question in his mind with the right answer. Personally, I love the smartass answer. We need some arrogance, and he believes the resume speaks for itself.

PS. That Florida State win keeps getting sexier by the day.

Personally, I didn't think was arrogant on Archie's part at all. It's one thing to be criticized by life long fans who are more knowledgeable than everybody in the media, and it's quite another to be criticized by know it all's in the media, who couldn't get a real job if they had to.

Sometimes the best way to deal with absurdity from the self appointed "experts" is to respond with absurdity. I loved it !

I thought the Sesame Street analogy was perfect !

5 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

For those who doubt, Michigan's best wins:

Gonzaga, Iowa, Rutgers-twice, Msu

IU's best wins:

Fsu, osu, Msu, Penn State, Iowa

Lunardi's seeds? Mich: 6 IU: 11 in the play in game.

The problem is that many fans and Lunardi don’t want their emotions to be invalidated by facts. 

5 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

If we lose to a 7 win team without their 2 best players we shouldnt even be invited to play in the cbi

Two things. 

1.  There is no assurance that Nebraska will be missing two players.  The suspensions were "indefinite".

2.  IU had a good season, beating some top level and currently ranked teams during the season. 19 wins is nothing to be ashamed of.  And deserving of a consideration in the NCAAT, much less the NIT.

Archived