To Me, THIS is the Difference

You have to have players that have this attitude, toward the program, their teammates, and that "hate to lose mentality."

I know Michigan State athletics and Izzo have had serious issues, but there's no disputing they're the top program in the B10...if I give credit to Izzo for anything, he develops young men into leaders...Winston, Green, Valentine, Cleaves...the list goes on and on...

And before I get flack for overlooking the lack of morality surrounding the program and some of the players, I'm aware of it...just speaking of the basketball/team concept/leadership part of it...

21 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

We are probably the 7th best program in the conference right now.  MSU, Michigan, Ohio St, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Purdue are better.  Leadership starts at the top.  Hopefully we have the right coach and hopefully we get the right AD.  

Not so sure about MI. They returned a lot from a Sweet 16 team that won 30 games last year and was 15-5 in the B1G. Seriously underperformed. Losing Simpson and Teske will be big holes to fill.

As far as the right AD, he's currently in Peoria.

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not so sure about MI. They returned a lot from a Sweet 16 team that won 30 games last year and was 15-5 in the B1G. Seriously underperformed. Losing Simpson and Teske will be big holes to fill.

As far as the right AD, he's currently in Peoria.

I think they might lose Livers if he thinks he can get drafted.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The recruits CAM is bringing in all bring a competitive fire to their games. All of them. 

And that's the point I was making with this article...

@CincyHoosier states correctly that leadership starts at the top, but if it's not reaching the players or if they are resistant to it, then we will continue to be middle of the pack...

And I, too, am encouraged by the leadership skills/winner's attitude CAM is bringing in...

One of CAM's main focuses is to get older. Look around the B1G, and at the teams getting production from their upperclassmen. MSU has Winston and Tillman, Maryland has Cowan, Wisky has Davidson, Iowa has Garza, and so forth. Then, look at our lack of production down the stretch on Saturday. Al hit a big 3. Other than that, we got very little from our leadership in that game down the stretch, and it's not the first time this year. Until we can fix that problem, we'll continue to fail in situations like Saturday. 

We will be most likely be the same or maybe even worst next year.  And i don't say that because our coach is bad or the players/recruits are bad but because we're essentially setting Hunter, Rob and TJD as the leaders of this team with a bunch of freshman.  Rob i think is who he is, so there is that.  Hunter will need to make a big jump in his game to be a 30+ minute guy and TJD needs to make an average jump in his playing through contact, finishing at the rim, and adding some sort of mid range shot. There is excitement and reason to look forward to it, but i won't be surprised if we can't win on the road again with how young the team will be.  At this point i still see us as a 18 - 21 win team next year.  Looking forward to see if CAM cam make these guys better.  Make the jump.  Compete at a higher level.  But i won't be overly concerned if they don't make huge leaps.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We will be most likely be the same or maybe even worst next year.  And i don't say that because our coach is bad or the players/recruits are bad but because we're essentially setting Hunter, Rob and TJD as the leaders of this team with a bunch of freshman.  Rob i think is who he is, so there is that.  Hunter will need to make a big jump in his game to be a 30+ minute guy and TJD needs to make an average jump in his playing through contact, finishing at the rim, and adding some sort of mid range shot. There is excitement and reason to look forward to it, but i won't be surprised if we can't win on the road again with how young the team will be.  At this point i still see us as a 18 - 21 win team next year.  Looking forward to see if CAM cam make these guys better.  Make the jump.  Compete at a higher level.  But i won't be overly concerned if they don't make huge leaps.

We essentially return our starting 5 and basically 8 out 11 of our guys?? The two we lose are sometimes contributors but mostly not. Not sure how that isn't getting older and with the chance to be better? I don't expect a B1G championship but at least we shouldn't be sniffing the bubble next year.

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The recruits CAM is bringing in all bring a competitive fire to their games. All of them. 

I think this is an underdiscussed point.  Everyone can imagine the current player that frustrates them the most (From reading the board, it would be one of 3), and then look at all of the kids Archie has recruited.  Who among the recruits looks, plays, acts, has the same demeanor, as the player that frustrates you the most?  Shouldn't that give everyone reason for optimism?

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Will be interesting to see what Wisconsin looks like after next season...lots of reloading to get done between now and then.

Broken record with. Reload or return they’re always solid by season’s end or earlier. Always. 😡🤦🏻‍♂️

I will say  only once IU is the premier team in the Bg10 basketball!! The rest are trying to replace IU but it is not going to happen! We destroyed the program over  too many calls!!  We  had the integrity to do our own damage!! The NCAA didn't do us harm we did our own!! We had no ladies or gents say our PROGRAMS WERE MOLESTING THEM!! We turned our program in for phone calls!  We ARE THE BEST MENS BB PROGRAM IN THE BIG 10!! And it looks like the ladies are going to join the men. If you don't think we are not going to return soon to the top that's your choice! IU IS AND WILL BE SOON THE BEST IN THE BIG 10!! We cheat we pay the price!! Not all can say that!!!

24 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I will say  only once IU is the premier team in the Bg10 basketball!! The rest are trying to replace IU but it is not going to happen! We destroyed the program over  too many calls!!  We  had the integrity to do our own damage!! The NCAA didn't do us harm we did our own!! We had no ladies or gents say our PROGRAMS WERE MOLESTING THEM!! We turned our program in for phone calls!  We ARE THE BEST MENS BB PROGRAM IN THE BIG 10!! And it looks like the ladies are going to join the men. If you don't think we are not going to return soon to the top that's your choice! IU IS AND WILL BE SOON THE BEST IN THE BIG 10!! We cheat we pay the price!! Not all can say that!!!

Say it !  Not only did IU turn ourselves in for phone calls. Which the NCAA LATER determined were ok to do.  IU voluntarily gave up scholarships. Something, I doubt any other school would have done. Look at North Carolina, who had 18 plus years of fake classes to cover their athletes.  AND THEN, hired a ton of lawyers to fight the NCAA. Oh and IU fired their coach over phone calls. While UNC still has their coach.... who claimed on ESPN that he had no idea what a "paper class" was !!!!!!

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Will be interesting to see what Wisconsin looks like after next season...lots of reloading to get done between now and then.

Prior to this season most publications predicted they would finish 6-7 in the BT and they tied for first.

After 8-10 games some thought Gard was “dead man walking” and they then tied for first.

Deep into the year they lost their second highest scorer and they then tied for first.

Would not count them out for next year.

34 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Prior to this season most publications predicted they would finish 6-7 in the BT and they tied for first.

After 8-10 games some thought Gard was “dead man walking” and they then tied for first.

Deep into the year they lost their second highest scorer and they then tied for first.

Would not count them out for next year.

Definitely not next year...the year after that.  Next year they have a huge senior class.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Definitely not next year...the year after that.  Next year they have a huge senior class.

Yeah, I was a little confused by the "reload" comment - they're not losing anyone next year, and should be the favorite to win the B1G. 

56 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Yeah, I was a little confused by the "reload" comment - they're not losing anyone next year, and should be the favorite to win the B1G. 

I think people missed AFTER next season. Next year they should be very tough...I'd concur with that.

14 hours ago, loviubb said:

FEC69561-16B1-4CBC-890B-41A927C3D7EA.gif

Archived