Coaches that made poor career moves

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Absolutely true. I lived in IA for about seven years. Had to stop telling people I was from Indiana. Got tired hearing the Alford rant. And it's not easy to get Iowans that angry about anyone.

Where did you live in Iowa?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Absolutely true. I lived in IA for about seven years. Had to stop telling people I was from Indiana. Got tired hearing the Alford rant. And it's not easy to get Iowans that angry about anyone.

I knew a lot of Hawkeye fans that worked  at a company based in Iowa and they bitched at me, since I went to IU, for sending them Alford (as if I had anything to do with it..lol) and they told me about people that interacted with him that owned clothing stores, restaurants, etc that absolutely hated the guy and could not wait for him to get out of Iowa.

If you read UCLA boards Alford seemed to be equally “loved” there.

That being said......I was a HUGE fan in ‘87 :)

Wrong sport, but the one that came to mind was Bret Bielema leaving Wisconsin football for Arkansas. He went 68-24 and went to 3 straight Rose Bowls at Wisconsin and went to one of the bottom feeders of the SEC(at least recently). Didn’t ever win much and eventually got fired.

12 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lee Rose going from Purdue to South Florida. 

My Dad was so tickled when Fred Schaus left Purdue and started singing the praises of Lee Rose.  It all changed when Rose abruptly left after 2 fine seasons with the Boilers.  Now I don't know who Pop dislikes more...Fred or Lee?  

Archived