B1G/ACC Challenge

37 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Loved his opening.  Words to the effect of "This is the longest I have ever stood still....and the game hasn't even started.

Already,  I will take him any day and twice on Sunday as a color man over Dak. 

Is there a can of Diet Coke on camera?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Is there a can of Diet Coke on camera?

Honestly..... I was looking for one.  Did not see one.  But that does not mean there was one.... especially knowing where the game was being played.  Isn't Georgia, the home of Coke ?   LOL

I thought Mr. Crean did a good job. Especially considering it was one of his first games as a color man this year.  He not only knew the game. He knew a ton about the players. Obvious that he did his home work. 

Could he be doing the IU game on Wednesday ?  I doubt it. But think it would be a better choice than Bilas,  Dak, or  Dickie V.  Please, ESPN save us from those three.  I would  even take Robbie Hammel  from Valpo over any of those three. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Honestly..... I was looking for one.  Did not see one.  But that does not mean there was one.... especially knowing where the game was being played.  Isn't Georgia, the home of Coke ?   LOL

I thought Mr. Crean did a good job. Especially considering it was one of his first games as a color man this year.  He not only knew the game. He knew a ton about the players. Obvious that he did his home work. 

Could he be doing the IU game on Wednesday ?  I doubt it. But think it would be a better choice than Bilas,  Dak, or  Dickie V.  Please, ESPN save us from those three.  I would  even take Robbie Hammel  from Valpo over any of those three. 

I think my mute button will get a work out. I may listen to Fisch on the radio.....

IU may very well lose to the best team in the ACC. If not currently the best team in the nation. In fact, I do expect IU to lose to what is currently the best team in the nation.  However, I take glee in seeing "Man Bun Finke" and his "Fighing Illini"  lose to the unquestionably worst team in the ACC. 

Nice W for Purdue. We'll find out as the season goes on how good it looks. Continued to be puzzled by Northwestern as well as Iowa who got destroyed by Va Tech. For some reason I keep thinking Iowa has 3-4 starters back from last year but every time I look up they are losing. Didn't watch Illinois game but given their schedule to date not a surprise even an average or below average Wake team beat them. I did see on Twitter this morning that Leron Black continues to be a cheap player. Took a shot at Wake player as horn sounded. 

Looking at today's games I don't see many wins for Big 10 either. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nice W for Purdue. We'll find out as the season goes on how good it looks. Continued to be puzzled by Northwestern as well as Iowa who got destroyed by Va Tech. For some reason I keep thinking Iowa has 3-4 starters back from last year but every time I look up they are losing. Didn't watch Illinois game but given their schedule to date not a surprise even an average or below average Wake team beat them. I did see on Twitter this morning that Leron Black continues to be a cheap player. Took a shot at Wake player as horn sounded. 

Looking at today's games I don't see many wins for Big 10 either. 

Iowa lost Jok.  And I do think they have 4 starters returning.  

OMG !! The three VERY WORST Basketball announcers ( In My Honest opinion) are :Dan "The Mouth that won't shut up and just call the damn game ] Dakich , Bill Walton ( See my definition of Dakich ) and Old Nickle-Dimer Bill Rafftery !! ( What in the hell is a Nickle-Dimer anyway)?? A  FOUL is A [censured ] FOUL ! After those 3 Narcissistic , egotistical goof-balls , I dislike any coverage of any game when the play by play guy goes YaK .  YAK , YAK , YAK about silly B.S. That absolutely has nothing to  do with the game that i am trying to watch and keep score of ! That is why [whenever possible ]  I get the flipping game on the radio and mute the sound coming from the television !! So I don't have to listen to  some damn talk show and can really enjoy and keep track of what is happening in the DAMN game without have to listen to all of that senseless and inane prattle that comes out of the mouths of Dakich , Walton , and Rafftery , et al !!!!! Doesn't Play-By-Play mean actual game PLAy-By=Play ?? Apparently is does not to some jerks whose EGOS are bigger than the sports venues they are in , VBG !!

13 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan all losing. Pretty pathetic showing for the B1G this year. 

Another reason IU needs to land guys like Langford, Brooks, TJD, etc., the Big Ten needs an influx of talent and a team to rival MSU, and would really benefit the entire conference if it’s Indiana. But right now, it’s MSU and then everybody else. 

Archived