Palm on the BTT and how it will affect NCAAT brackets...

rico

From Jerry via CBS...

There was a little bit of shuffling among the Big Ten teams that played on Sunday as well. That league is going to become even more difficult to bracket as teams play third games against each other in the conference tournament. Teams that have played each other three times in the regular season cannot be bracketed to meet before the Elite Eight.

So the B1G really could throw some monkey wrenches in the selection committee's lap.  

6 minutes ago, loviubb said:

That alright when we win the BIG 10 tourney!! We can play some cupcakes again until the Elite 8:jumprope: Well a feller can wish😀

You can play "what if" scenarios a bunch with that.  If we were to win the BTT, we very well could face nothing but teams that we faced twice in the regular season.  Could not only determine seeding but region.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

You can play "what if" scenarios a bunch with that.  If we were to win the BTT, we very well could face nothing but teams that we faced twice in the regular season.  Could not only determine seeding but region.

Wonder what our seeding would be if we would actually win the BTT.  I would say we could move up to a 7 seed in that scenario.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder what our seeding would be if we would actually win the BTT.  I would say we could move up to a 7 seed in that scenario.

I would say it depends on who we beat to attain the title.  If we beat Nebraska, Penn St., Maryland, Michigan St., and Wisconsin to win the title that would have meant we beat the #3, , #2, and #1 seeds as well as the #6 along the way.  I would say possibly a #4 for the NCAAT.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well, our NET would drop because the teams we beat would now have a worse record against lower ranked teams.  So while we are around a 10 seed now, winning the BTT would probably move us into a play-in game.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Same, but I differ and think a  4 even a 3 in that scenario. A team playing defense IU has wins blowouts if they can just get hot. Sometimes the ball just goes in without it making sense. I'll take some of that(a hot streak)  please :D  The team has had some fair looks and it just doesn't go in. The stats would lead one to believe they're being smothered night in ight out or that they can't get open. Not true though.

Reason I say higher than 7 is the overall perception of the strength of the B1G and that particular path(of any title scenario for IU) would be hard to ignore. That includes the couple of OCC near-Bubble teams who have came on a bit late in the season.

Ironically as it turned out, 3 of those OOC power conference opponents go into their respective tourneys with 19 wins just like Indiana so I've decided to hold off on that thought unless/until Indiana does enough on it's own to feel more secure about being on the right side of the cutoff.  All 3 of those schools would have my best wishes from there. FSU and Butler already do!

Hard to root for any other bubble team unless I know Indiana is safely in the field. Something is going on .I have my post sent while I am letting it fly and before I go back through to edit it down some. I'm not even pressing save and wasn't finished.

Archived