How are gas prices doing where you live ?

milehiiu

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Wow. How big is the tank in your truck ?

Around here, we have a grocery chain that also has gas stations.  King Soopers.  And they discount the cost of gas, depending upon how much you purchase from them in a month. My wife saves the credits up, till the end of the month. And has gotten up to $1.00 off per gallon many times. 

26 gallons. Costco is always 10-20 cents cheaper than all of the gas stations around here. There is a major local supermarket that does the same with discounts at there gas stations when buying groceries. My Costco membership pats for itself within 2 months by the savings in gas.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

26 gallons. Costco is always 10-20 cents cheaper than all of the gas stations around here. There is a major local supermarket that does the same with discounts at there gas stations when buying groceries. My Costco membership pats for itself within 2 months by the savings in gas.

Nice. The wife does use Costco for gas as well. 

I only get gas at Kroger.  Have the credit card.  I get 2x points on all purchases and always plan my other spending and try and get my gift cards during 4 x points.  Haven't paid a lick of attention to gas prices in 3 years.  Got $1.05 off last night.  Think the base was around 2.  I should have gotten a picture.  May have been under 1.  

7 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

Love Costco for a lot of things including gas...

Price is not the only reason either...it's Top Tier gas (more and better detergent additives) and the 93 octane premium can be up to 50 cents cheaper per gallon than other stations.

This morning at the Humble Costco premium was $2.36...next closest was $2.50 at Sunoco...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Love Costco for a lot of things including gas...

Price is not the only reason either...it's Top Tier gas (more and better detergent additives) and the 93 octane premium can be up to 50 cents cheaper per gallon than other stations.

This morning at the Humble Costco premium was $2.36...next closest was $2.50 at Sunoco...

I dont have a Costco close but if I did I would be a regular for many reasons.  I have read several articles about how well they treat employees which is respectable.  

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I dont have a Costco close but if I did I would be a regular for many reasons.  I have read several articles about how well they treat employees which is respectable.  

Not to derail the thread but...

Their beef is great...we bought the USDA Prime top sirloin the other day for $5.99 a pound and though it's not filet, it's pretty darn close...tender and juicy...

Rotisserie chicken ($4.99) is great too...

The only real drawback being it's just me and my wife now, is you can't buy small portions of anything...everything is a 55 gallon drum...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not to derail the thread but...

Their beef is great...we bought the USDA Prime top sirloin the other day for $5.99 a pound and though it's not filet, it's pretty darn close...tender and juicy...

Rotisserie chicken ($4.99) is great too...

The only real drawback being it's just me and my wife now, is you can't buy small portions of anything...everything is a 55 gallon drum...

Do you need a membership like Sam's club?  Will be in indy in a month and will go if I can. 

Just me and the wife too but she has been wanting to check it out. 

52 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Do you need a membership like Sam's club?  Will be in indy in a month and will go if I can. 

Just me and the wife too but she has been wanting to check it out. 

Yes, $60 for a regular membership, $120 for an executive...

We pay for the executive because you get a 2% rebate on purchases at the end of your membership year...if you spend $6000 at Costco over that year, it pays for your membership (and we buy all electronics, TVs, computers, tablets, ECT there because they tack an extra years warranty on)...

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I use the Gas Buddy app...you can register with them and accumulate points for reporting gas prices, which earns you money off gas...

Can I use that on my flip phone ?   Just kidding.   Great info to share with the Hoosier Sports Nation members.  Thanks !

On 3/12/2020 at 12:32 PM, IUFLA said:

I use the Gas Buddy app...you can register with them and accumulate points for reporting gas prices, which earns you money off gas...

If you're planning a long trip, use Gas Buddy instead of Google maps, and the Gas Buddy app will not only give you the route, but tell you where to fill up along the way, with the cheapest gas available.

I used to travel a bunch on the road, and the app would save me 10-15 cents a gallon on every fill up, due to finding the stations with the lowest price.

Using our Kroger points yesterday, we filled up both vehicles for 89.9 cents /gallon.

For those of you who don't watch the markets that closely, refined gasoline prices have plummeted in conjunction with the oil price. Yesterday, the wholesale price of gas was $0.90 a gallon, and closed at $0.92. After taxes and delivery you should see prices in the next couple of weeks between $1.40-2.00 except in Lala land in CA, where it will still be $4/gallon. (at least for a short while)

1 hour ago, DWB said:

If you're planning a long trip, use Gas Buddy instead of Google maps, and the Gas Buddy app will not only give you the route, but tell you where to fill up along the way, with the cheapest gas available.

I used to travel a bunch on the road, and the app would save me 10-15 cents a gallon on every fill up, due to finding the stations with the lowest price.

Using our Kroger points yesterday, we filled up both vehicles for 89.9 cents /gallon.

Thanks for the advice. What you are saying about Gas Buddy is very true.  And as I have mentioned already. It gets updated daily.

And congrats on your purchase at Kroger.  Our local grocery store also allows for more than one family vehicle to be filled up, at the discounted price.

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

$3.60 in Chicago this morning! 

Two of the more expensive things in Chicago are gas and cigarettes...

I don't smoke, but when I left the area in 2012, downtown Chicago smokes were like $7 a pack...and that was the generics...

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Two of the more expensive things in Chicago are gas and cigarettes...

I don't smoke, but when I left the area in 2012, downtown Chicago smokes were like $7 a pack...and that was the generics...

Got to keep that tax money rolling in...

Archived