How are gas prices doing where you live ?

milehiiu

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still $2.09 in Chicago suburbs. Hopeully going down soon-

SEB analyst Bjarne Schieldrop painted a similarly gloomy picture of the outlook for oil storage, as crude prices languish close to recent lows with no sustained recovery yet in sight.

“We are now looking at surplus in the second quarter of 2020 at a scale that we have never seen before,” he said, adding that with people now sitting at home in confinement that demand could fall even more.

“It means that storage capacities will be breached. The oil price will then have to crash to a level where production more or less immediately is shut down. This now seems to be where we are heading,” Schieldrop warned.

37 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sad to hear that.  Problem is how many others did the driver come into contact with ?

It's been a couple years since I rode a city bus, but there is really no physical interaction with the driver. Hopefully the scope of the issue is minimal!!!

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

It's been a couple years since I rode a city bus, but there is really no physical interaction with the driver. Hopefully the scope of the issue is minimal!!!

Been decades since I have ridden a city bus. The RTD (Regional Transportation District ) in metro Denver, operates buses and trains in the metro area. Prior to this thing...they were having trouble finding drivers for both. Since this thing..... they have severely cut operations. Operating only on a Sunday schedule.  Which is extremely limited compared to normal operations.

Train from Denver International Airport to Downtown Denver Union Station RTD A Line Transit 

Denver RTD Lightrail 

Yes.  Let's hope your driver had limited interaction with his passengers.

2 hours ago, rd726 said:

$1.56 today on way home from Goshen. 

Years ago. When gas was even less costly than that. And on my way to visit my sister in Ohio, I would go out of my way to visit the Lux Cafe in Goshen. Not sure why I remember that. 

In all my prepping, the 2 things I have ignored, and learned from them this. Make sure you keep your vehicles above 1/2 tank and make sure your spare tire is aired up and solid. Also not a bad idea to keep 10-15 gallons of gas in 5 gallon gas cans around.  Be sure to rotate because gas doesn't last very long. Stock up while its cheap.

16 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

In all my prepping, the 2 things I have ignored, and learned from them this. Make sure you keep your vehicles above 1/2 tank and make sure your spare tire is aired up and solid. Also not a bad idea to keep 10-15 gallons of gas in 5 gallon gas cans around.  Be sure to rotate because gas doesn't last very long. Stock up while its cheap.

Excellent tips. Here in Colorado, during the winter, we never allow our car to go under half a tank.  And I do keep a spare 5 gallon gas can which I switch out as well.  Unabashed plug for Discount Tires, where I buy my tires.  They check air pressure on the spot, as customers, any time we drive to their store by us.  But it would be the same at any store, since we are in their computer.

Also. AAA is not that expensive for an annual membership. And they will come to you to replace a flat tire.... or replace a dead battery. Both of which they have done for us over the years.  Also. Will tow a car for you.  Upgrade the membership. And the distance is unlimited.... say if you are stranded on the road far from home.

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Excellent tips. Here in Colorado, during the winter, we never allow our car to go under half a tank.  And I do keep a spare 5 gallon gas can which I switch out as well.  Unabashed plug for Discount Tires, where I buy my tires.  They check air pressure on the spot, as customers, any time we drive to their store by us.  But it would be the same at any store, since we are in their computer.

Also. AAA is not that expensive for an annual membership. And they will come to you to replace a flat tire.... or replace a dead battery. Both of which they have done for us over the years.  Also. Will tow a car for you.  Upgrade the membership. And the distance is unlimited.... say if you are stranded on the road far from home.

I have had roadside assistance programs through 2 car insurance agencies.  Progressive and Geico.  Geico is far and away a much better car insurance provider in every way. Geico roadside assistance pays for everything.  Progressive pays the 1st 15 miles of a tow. 

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have had roadside assistance programs through 2 car insurance agencies.  Progressive and Geico.  Geico is far and away a much better car insurance provider in every way. Geico roadside assistance pays for everything.  Progressive pays the 1st 15 miles of a tow. 

That's good to know.  Go Geico.  Wonder how many people know what Geico stands for.  Government Employees Insurance Company.  I'm so old that I remember when they went by that, rather than Geico.

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

From personal experience, Progressive is the better company. Geico doubled my rate after one of my kids had one accident. Doubled. Progressive approved us, immediately, at a rate lower than Geico charged BEFORE the accident, and has been excellent ever since. 

geico is a bait and switch company. Sure they’ll give you a good upfront rate - then they’ll completely screw you if you have an accident. Was with Geico 6 or 7 years before the one accident with perfect driving history throughout the family. Geico stinks 

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

From personal experience, Progressive is the better company. Geico doubled my rate after one of my kids had one accident. Doubled. Progressive approved us, immediately, at a rate lower than Geico charged BEFORE the accident, and has been excellent ever since. 

geico is a bait and switch company. Sure they’ll give you a good upfront rate - then they’ll completely screw you if you have an accident. Was with Geico 6 or 7 years before the one accident with perfect driving history throughout the family. Geico stinks 

Thanks, this is good to know. I haven't any accidents with geico so had no idea they did that. 

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You're not gonna have much company up there... we're working about 40% of the normal air traffic workload...

I figured as much. I really need to get up there, but the wind and the ceiling lately won't let me. I just had a new Carb installed and need to go see how much better the ale gal runs.

OH, dang this is an expensive hobbie! lol

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Filled up both vehicles today for $0.63/gal. But I did cheat. We used our Kroger points to reduce the price. $22 for a car and pickup combined.

Holy cow !  Glad for you. 

My wife just told me she is going to use her points tomorrow.  And is expecting to pay nothing to fill the car up !

Archived