How are gas prices doing where you live ?

milehiiu

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not low enough. Still $1.69 where I am. Seeing all these lower prices has me envious.  

@Reacher since you probably know. Commodities are bought on futures and probably the reason I dont have lower prices yet?

Lots of factors. Different parts of the countries have different blends. Refinery capacities and outages, plus it takes time for lower prices to work through the system

Here's my problem and I'm sure others have the same. Filled both cars couple weeks ago. Since that time I've driven about a quarter tank in each. With my spending at Kroger I've earned enough to get .40 cents off per gallon my next fill up. Problem is at this rate I don't see there's anyway I'll need to fill up anytime soon. Might have to just go down there and look for someone so they can use my points.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

This is insane.  I haven't seen oil/gas this cheap since before 9/11.

I posted too soon. Now negative $37/ barrel. Anyone I have a tanker truck I can borrow for a few months? Who ever would have thought you would see oil cheaper than free?

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I posted too soon. Now negative $37/ barrel. Anyone I have a tanker truck I can borrow for a few months? Who ever would have thought you would see oil cheaper than free?

I have a 40 acre farm that I will inherit that my grandpa bought in 1970 that has an underground fuel tank and pump. Guess I should fill it up. 

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have a 40 acre farm that I will inherit that my grandpa bought in 1970 that has an underground fuel tank and pump. Guess I should fill it up. 

Might not be a bad idea. Do you use an additive? Or does it stay fresh in the underground tank ?  Just curious, as I have no idea.

50 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Might not be a bad idea. Do you use an additive? Or does it stay fresh in the underground tank ?  Just curious, as I have no idea.

It's been a few years since we filled it up. But we did add a stabilizer to it. Also have a 500 gallon above ground tank we used for diesel to fuel the tractors. 

26 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's been a few years since we filled it up. But we did add a stabilizer to it. Also have a 500 gallon above ground tank we used for diesel to fuel the tractors. 

Thanks for the reply. I hate to keep coming back to you. However, does the underground tank need to be flushed before filling it even though it has been stabilized. Also not to be the dad here.  But you might want to wait a little while before filling the tank, as today....Oil prices go negative for the first time in history | Fortune

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the reply. I hate to keep coming back to you. However, does the underground tank need to be flushed before filling it even though it has been stabilized. Also not to be the dad here.  But you might want to wait a little while before filling the tank, as today....Oil prices go negative for the first time in history | Fortune

Not sure.  My stepdad still runs the farm for now. But my dad delivered fuel, as truck driver for a local oil company, to gas stations and as far as I know they didnt flush the tanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 11:14 AM, IUFLA said:

You're not gonna have much company up there... we're working about 40% of the normal air traffic workload...

I'm mentally exhausted so didn't dig for the exact post I was looking for but, I finally took and passed my check ride today. 300@13g19 are rough to do check ride 45 degree 360 turns!!! But I pulled it off. Whew, bring on the bourbon!!!  

15 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'm mentally exhausted so didn't dig for the exact post I was looking for but, I finally took and passed my check ride today. 300@13g19 are rough to do check ride 45 degree 360 turns!!! But I pulled it off. Whew, bring on the bourbon!!!  

Excellent! Keep going...get that IFR cert...

I always liked watching the tower traffic pattern (I was a radar guy, but use to go up in the towers just to watch at a couple of places I was at), especially at a semi-busy place that had a lot of VFR guys doing practice rectangular patterns.

And I always loved watching the fighter jets do overhead patterns...those boys really push it...

Mrs. mile was running low on gas in her Subaru. So she decided to fill up, yesterday.  Not using her grocery points. Which she normally uses at the end of the month. Reported back to me.  I asked her the price per gallon. Mrs. mile said.... "I did not even pay attention to the price....however, I paid $14.00 to fill the car up."

-------------------------

In other mile household news, during this pandemic.  The local Honda dealer that  has started a pick up and drop off service.... dropped off my Honda mower after it's annual Spring tuneup today.  And when I offered to tip the driver.... he refused.  How great is that ?

Archived