Archie will be coaching for his job tonight

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to happen.  We'll beat Nebraska.  While it's not exactly the season we all hoped for, there is noticeable improvement.  We went from no postseason to the NIT in year 2, to the NCAA tournament this year.  I was sceptical about next year's roster, but since then we had the Lander commitment, Race and Hunter stepping up and showing improvement, and it looks like we are in good position to land some talent in 2021.  We should be in position to take the next step forward and be solidly in the tournament and finish in the upper half of the conference.  If we take a step backward instead, then his seat should feel like he ate an entire ghost pepper!

I seriously wonder if some of the posters we have seen come to this board are even IU fans and not just some Purdue or UK fan looking to ruffle some feathers. I of course don’t just mean anyone who doesn’t like Archie, just want to post the inflammatory and obviously untrue stuff.

Just now, madmax said:

I seriously wonder if some of the posters we have seen come to this board are even IU fans and not just some Purdue or UK fan looking to ruffle some feathers. I of course don’t just mean anyone who doesn’t like Archie, just want to post the inflammatory and obviously untrue stuff.

It happens on other sites so I would think  it happens here as well.

57 minutes ago, madmax said:

Time for a confession.  I am not an IU basketball fan, not really a fan of basketball at all. 

My true passion is Montana State field hockey.  

Go Grizzlies, oh wait, I think they are the Bobcats.

1 hour ago, madmax said:

I don't know the rules and applaud those who run/pay/moderate this site but it does seem we've had a pretty significant increase in threads that I just don't think belong in this community. Not saying it has to be all rainbow and unicorns but debate/constructive concern/criticisms/praise/optimism all have their place but don't see the need to have threads constantly lamenting the status of our coach. Getting old. 

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Time for a confession.  I am not an IU basketball fan, not really a fan of basketball at all. 

My true passion is Montana State field hockey.  

Go Grizzlies, oh wait, I think they are the Bobcats.

They are the Jackrabbits...or is that Idaho St.?  Never mind.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know the rules and applaud those who run/pay/moderate this site but it does seem we've had a pretty significant increase in threads that I just don't think belong in this community. Not saying it has to be all rainbow and unicorns but debate/constructive concern/criticisms/praise/optimism all have their place but don't see the need to have threads constantly lamenting the status of our coach. Getting old. 

Serious question.  What do you do?

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Serious question.  What do you do?

The problem on the other site was that they could ban an user name but that poster would just sign up for a new name.  If there was a way to get it where a person couldn't just sign up for a new user name then that would curtail it.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The problem on the other site was that they could ban an user name but that poster would just sign up for a new name.  If there was a way to get it where a person couldn't just sign up for a new user name then that would curtail it.

It is next to impossible to ban someone in this day and age.  There was a time when you could do it by an IP address.  Not so anymore.  

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was thinking the same thing but then I stumbled across this article.   Maybe we could all learn a thing or 2 from the original poster.   Heck, RMK wrote a book on negative thinking. 

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160809-why-it-pays-to-be-grumpy-and-bad-tempered

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I was thinking the same thing but then I stumbled across this article.   Maybe we could all learn a thing or 2 from the original poster.   Heck, RMK wrote a book on negative thinking. 

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160809-why-it-pays-to-be-grumpy-and-bad-tempered

Not just here but in all walks of life. I grow tired of the  cynicism as wisdom crowd. 

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It just occurred to me...we need a "boo" emoji.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Archived