Nebraska BTT game thread

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Stop with the demeaning "little Archie". Criticism is fine, keep it above the belt.

Thank you! I find that so incredibly disrespectful and arrogant. Especially when people are saying it about a guy as tough and successful as Archie. The people saying that couldn’t come anywhere close to accomplishing what Archie has an athlete. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our seniors acted like...seniors... De'Ron and Devonte sparked that run...

Our defensive energy just wasn't there for the first 15 minutes, but thankfully we picked it up...

This team unfortunately plays to the competition...

Hopefully we can come out and play well in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half and break their spirit...

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I thought the same thing a year ago at this time. And I'll probably be thinking the same thing a year from now. It's a broken program and Archie's not fixing it. 

Unfortunately it’s got to be fixed by recruiting. You need to recruit dogs, very difficult to coach that into guys. For example, you’re never going to turn Justin Smith into a guy that plays with passion. I’m hoping Leal, Galloway and Geronimo brings some of that. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Unfortunately it’s got to be fixed by recruiting. You need to recruit dogs, very difficult to coach that into guys. For example, you’re never going to turn Justin Smith into a guy that plays with passion. I’m hoping Leal, Galloway and Geronimo brings some of that. 

The old Bill Parcells line, Arcie has to get his groceries. He can coach.  

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

How many times did Crean complain about that then kept recruiting the same type kid.

The more Armaan plays, the better he gets. Giving him only 2-3 minutes in previous games did him no good. He really came on strong in the last 3-4 minutes of the half.

IMO he should start over Durham...1st & 2nd halves.

Using some recent examples such as this corona virus containment related changes to sports and public events, also a couple of selfish disrespectful posts, etc  to teach my kid that sports have to be put into perspective with real life......or old dad is going to whooping his @**! until the day he is on his own!

Archived