Nebraska BTT Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Do you really not understand the question that I was origianlly responding to? It was a total troll job, the kind that starts endless speculation! Especially considering the subject matter was SO obvious to start with.

“Could you not tell that it looked like a wrist wrap, equal to him having a BMW tied to his ankle, is a wrist wrap. Was your post a troll attempt, or are you just totally clueless? It wasn't even a close call but you bring it to attention.”

To be frank, I have read this 20 times and I can’t decipher what you were saying. No worries though!

31 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Then I hope his question was an anomaly of a quick view of the "wrist wrap". Because it was so obvious nt to be, and that Trace had wore that brace all game, a new wrist brace. If it wasn't a troll job to start the stupid people then I apologize. But with IU fan's, this is how crazy starts. ( I may have over reacted, but sick of the trolls).   

Reacher isn't a troll. He is a longtime member of the forum. I appreciate the concern but you don't have to worry about him. He is a good guy.

2 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

Anybody else find it odd that Cooper Bybee and Nate Childress both got minutes over Damezi tonight? Something is going on when he isn't even able to earn mop up duty.

Probably already told Archie he was transferring. We wondered why Jake and Moore never got PT last year then as quick as they could they transferred 

2 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

Anybody else find it odd that Cooper Bybee and Nate Childress both got minutes over Damezi tonight? Something is going on when he isn't even able to earn mop up duty.

I'm going to break my rule about not speculating about players still on the team. 

I like Damezi and I don't think for a minute he's in Archie's doghouse, but yeah...I think the handwriting is on the wall there.  I suspect Archie is going to help him find a good transfer spot after the season.

Archie said probably 2-3 weeks ago in an interview that he had two 2020 scholarships.  It was clear then that he was aware of an early departure that wasn't Trayce.

I’ve got a tense, stressed feeling that I can’t shake, maybe similar to that 9/11 feeling.  

Game?  I know sports are a diversion to help us cope or divert our attention from problems.  But today it was like I was in a twilight although I was coherent enough to watch us pound it inside and see all the potential oozing out of Franklin.  

I rarely ever participate in a game thread, but I sure do read them after the game and laugh at some of the ridiculous takes I see in the heat of the battle.

So here's to all of you over-reacting superfans who keep the game threads entertaining to read...:cheers:

17 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

Writing on the wall & being from the South Bend region, local sports talk shows say don’t be surprised if ND isn’t a destiny.  

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well if that’s the case best of luck. Hopefully Brooks makes a similar journey north of where he’s at

Sad thing is I can vision Mike Brey having all kinds of success with DA at the Jr/Sr level!  Just not a whole lot of PT in Bloomington waiting for the switch to flip.

12 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Sad thing is I can vision Mike Brey having all kinds of success with DA at the Jr/Sr level!  Just not a whole lot of PT in Bloomington waiting for the switch to flip.

Exactly.

Jerome Hunter is carving out a nice role for himself and I just don't see Damezi getting the playing time I'm sure he wants.  I hate that because I've seen the potential in warmups...kid can really stroke it, but it just hasn't translated to in-game success for him.  I'll root for him wherever he ends up (unless he becomes a Toiletmaker) and I'll certainly root for him if he surprises me and stays.

Despite playing a Nebraska team with extenuating depth issues, Nebraska still scored more against IU on a night of not entirely poor Hoosier defense than several teams the Hoosiers faced that are not so easy to write off. IU handed the Huskers their second worst loss of the entire season as well.Overall I'm encouraged about where the this core is headed. When  IU puts up 89 I'm not sure it would matter who the other team is..

3 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Despite playing a Nebraska team with extenuating depth issues, Nebraska still scored more against IU on a night of not entirely poor Hoosier defense than several teams the Hoosiers faced that are not so easy to write off. IU handed the Huskers their second worst loss of the entire season as well.Overall I'm encouraged about where the this core is headed. When  IU puts up 89 I'm not sure it would matter who the other team is..

Yep. Could not have wrapped it up better myself. 

5 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Writing on the wall & being from the South Bend region, local sports talk shows say don’t be surprised if ND isn’t a destiny.  

Well we know where Wesley is going then...I had high hopes for Anderson and getting a recruit from that area but I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

7 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I just saw the pic of the "wrap" on Trace's wrist. Did you really think that was a wrist wrap? Could you not tell that it looked like a wrist wrap, equal to him having a BMW tied to his ankle, is a wrist wrap. Was your post a troll attempt, or are you just totally clueless? It wasn't even a close call but you bring it to attention. 

I hope you only saw a 1/10 of a second snap shot and wanted to ask so you have some credibility.

For your information, I did just catch a glimpse. I thought he had his wrist wrapped in ice and might have banged it hence my question. 

I've worn my fair share of knee and elblow braces and know all to well what they are.

There was no need for your demeaning comments and personal attacks. Let's try and keep this forum polite for everyone. 

Thanks to everyone who stepped up in my defense. 

Archived