Nebraska BTT Postgame Thread

KDB

6 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Hoiberg diagnosed with influenza A. Not great but at least its not coronavirus. 

Still really stupid on his behalf and the Nebraska staff for letting him on the bench.   Stay the hell home people if you are sick.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well... it's kinda like if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?  i have been saying Archie needed to make the tourney this year or at least next year.  i guess this counts regardless of whether there is a tourney?  i'm scratching my head.  bottom line is that it is clear progress from last season.  will be interesting to see if we have addition by subtraction next year.  will also be interesting to see if Lander is a big immediate impact.  i am still holding out hope that we see a tourney this year and the Hoosiers in it, but if not i expect next year to be better than an 11th place B1G finish.

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

For your information, I did just catch a glimpse. I thought he had his wrist wrapped in ice and might have banged it hence my question. 

I've worn my fair share of knee and elblow braces and know all to well what they are.

There was no need for your demeaning comments and personal attacks. Let's try and keep this forum polite for everyone. 

Thanks to everyone who stepped up in my defense. 

You are right sir I totally agree and apologize, I was out of line. Looking back this morning with fresh eyes, I should not have been set off like that. Maybe my disgust for simple things starting wild fires,  has made me start wild fires of my own. Again, hat In hand, I was out of line. 

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

Still really stupid on his behalf and the Nebraska staff for letting him on the bench.   Stay the hell home people if you are sick.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Funny how the times have changed, and something that is lauded in one circumstance is condemned in another. 

Image result for mj flu game gif

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’ve got a tense, stressed feeling that I can’t shake, maybe similar to that 9/11 feeling.  

Game?  I know sports are a diversion to help us cope or divert our attention from problems.  But today it was like I was in a twilight although I was coherent enough to watch us pound it inside and see all the potential oozing out of Franklin.  

To me this has some of the same feelings around 9/11 where you just don't know what will happen next.  It is just a surreal feeling and right now sports are not a priority and we have to do what is best for the country right now.

57 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

well... it's kinda like if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?  i have been saying Archie needed to make the tourney this year or at least next year.  i guess this counts regardless of whether there is a tourney?  i'm scratching my head.  bottom line is that it is clear progress from last season.  will be interesting to see if we have addition by subtraction next year.  will also be interesting to see if Lander is a big immediate impact.  i am still holding out hope that we see a tourney this year and the Hoosiers in it, but if not i expect next year to be better than an 11th place B1G finish.

If the season really is cancelled from here, in my book this goes down as a tournament team on Archie’s IU resume. 

I thought there was an interesting situation for Archie with respect to strategy, in that he had to decide whether pressing a team short on bodies was worth the toll it might take tonight and further on in the BTT, especially when you're playing on opening night. We had some really, really crisp passing and overall offensive sets where we were moving the ball quickly, too, which we haven't seen much of this year. Solid W overall.

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If the season really is cancelled from here, in my book this goes down as a tournament team on Archie’s IU resume. 

Even if the tournament is cancelled, they need to at least have selection Sunday as validation. Then we can spend the whole off-season explaining why IU could theoretically beat every team in their path!

18 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Even if the tournament is cancelled, they need to at least have selection Sunday as validation. Then we can spend the whole off-season explaining why IU could theoretically beat every team in their path!

I agree. Have selection Sunday. Then if the crisis abates in time try to play the games in April or may. Could benefit teams like us that have a lot of returning players who will get more practice time. 

I didn't get to watch the game last night but was just looking at the box score. I noticed that Rob Phinisee had really limited minutes (and to some extent that is true of a few others on the team). Is the general consensus that his limited minutes were just a matter of staying as fresh as possible for day two?

Just now, mchenry34 said:

I didn't get to watch the game last night but was just looking at the box score. I noticed that Rob Phinisee had really limited minutes (and to some extent that is true of a few others on the team). Is the general consensus that his limited minutes were just a matter of staying as fresh as possible for day two?

He was in foul trouble most of the game.

3 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

He was in foul trouble most of the game.

Thanks, I should have looked at that...I'm glad we were able to give Armaan so much time and that he responded so well! I think that Armaan is actually one of our best in transition and I think that aspect of our team could really see a boost next year. 

4 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Thanks, I should have looked at that...I'm glad we were able to give Armaan so much time and that he responded so well! I think that Armaan is actually one of our best in transition and I think that aspect of our team could really see a boost next year. 

Rob had 9 pts, 7 assists and 3 rebs in 14 minutes. It was good to see Armaan play well. Future is bright. Really confident. Took a couple of shots where he could have been more aware of time and score, but overall was a good outing. Love seeing him take a couple of charges. Definitely leads the team in that stat.

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Rob had 9 pts, 7 assists and 3 rebs in 14 minutes. It was good to see Armaan play well. Future is bright. Really confident. Took a couple of shots where he could have been more aware of time and score, but overall was a good outing. Love seeing him take a couple of charges. Definitely leads the team in that stat.

I do think that we are farther along in culture for the program now. I LOVE the character and competitiveness of the recruits we have coming in for next year. I think we will look a far cry more like Archie's tough as nails approach as a player and what he had a Dayton going forward. I also think the skill level will be trending up along with the overall athleticism.

I was a varsity head coach for a while and though I was young and still learning, I had the hardest time coaching kids who weren't self-motivated and competitive. I could not figure out how to reach them because it simply made no sense to me. When I played it was never a question of whether or not I would play hard...could not wrap my mind around the idea that some people would just go through the motions. I wonder if Archie has had that a little bit with this team over the past couple of years. Kids that are just really mercurial in their engagement and effort and Archie has had to regain their attention so many different times...I think that going forward that will be less of an issue as he will be focusing on that in recruiting. Truth be told, Matt Painter learned a similar lesson from his Kelsey Barlow years...

12 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Armaan played very well. Apparently he loves playing in that arena considering his performance against Notre Dame.  Hope he gets a chance to do some more damage in this tournament. 

Just got done reading the game thread and was very disappointed in some of our so call fans.  Getting upset with bad play is one thing but to actually call out players and call them names is uncalled for.  to me it is an embarrassment to this fan base for some of our fans to over react to every little play that happens in a game.

Archived