Nebraska BTT Postgame Thread

KDB

59 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

I didn't get to watch the game last night but was just looking at the box score. I noticed that Rob Phinisee had really limited minutes (and to some extent that is true of a few others on the team). Is the general consensus that his limited minutes were just a matter of staying as fresh as possible for day two?

I do believe Archie was managing playing time to keep players fresh.  First, we could (and do) have a game the next day and second, rotating players can help wear down an under manned opponent.

Obviously, Rob was limited by fouls (as was Al), but CAM was making wholesale substitutions at only 4 minutes into the game and it continued throughout the game.  Probably a very wise tactic.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I do believe Archie was managing playing time to keep players fresh.  First, we could (and do) have a game the next day and second, rotating players can help wear down an under manned opponent.

Obviously, Rob was limited by fouls (as was Al), but CAM was making wholesale substitutions at only 4 minutes into the game and it continued throughout the game.  Probably a very wise tactic.

Agree -- This was a game where it looked like we used the bench in part at least for fresh legs

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got done reading the game thread and was very disappointed in some of our so call fans.  Getting upset with bad play is one thing but to actually call out players and call them names is uncalled for.  to me it is an embarrassment to this fan base for some of our fans to over react to every little play that happens in a game.

Ok you made me go back through and read it also..I was kinda surprised by who some of the people were that were saying stuff...I think some may of had some fire water..😂

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

Funny how the times have changed, and something that is lauded in one circumstance is condemned in another. 

Image result for mj flu game gif

Big difference is there was no pandemic. 

I think a lot of us are probably guilty of going to work or school when we felt bad.    I know I have.   I didn't want to let my coworkers/boss down.  So I sucked it up and worked.   Spreading my illness was the last thing on my mind.

The current situation though... you just can't do that.   I just can't comprehend how Hoiberg or anyone with Nebraska thought it was ok to be coaching like that.

Go Hoosiers!!!

54 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

No. I am excited to learn more about the cultural and religious sites. 

I've been twice. Most of the beaches are man made but the beach at Fort Zachary state park is natural and imho the best. Last time I was there got to see navy seals do amphibious training exercises as there is a navy barracks next door. Definitely check out Fort Zachary.  Also, an adjacent island called Stock island has a restaurant that you should fit in to your plans called Hogfish Bar and Grill.  Get the hogfish sandwich or hogfish tacos or both if they have it. Our first trip my wife and I went on a fishing trip and she actually caught a hogfish which is pretty rare. 

I recommend renting bikes if you can ride because parking and driving around is a hassle.

Oh, and visit the Key West nature preserve.  Its tucked away on the east side of the island south of smathers beach. There are crabs everywhere there.

And check out their graveyards. Pretty neat to see.

To add, Mallory square at sunset st least once and recommend visiting the aquarium. 

One more thing, there is the Ernest Hemingway and President Truman houses. And 6 toed cats. 

I keep remembering things.  Recommend breakfast and key lime pie at Blue Heaven restaurant, and the Rum Bar on duvall st.

Driving or flying?

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The flu and COVID-19 have similar symptoms...

True, but the big difference is the dormant period. I posted the video because I thought it would be helpful for people to know what to expect from someone who had it. 

Fred was irresponsible no matter what he had. 

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

True, but the big difference is the dormant period. I posted the video because I thought it would be helpful for people to know what to expect from someone who had it. 

Fred was irresponsible no matter what he had. 

I understand your point, and I tend to agree with you, but with as much as is at stake for these teams, I doubt there is a coach in the Big Ten who wouldn’t have done exactly what Fred did, given that he was cleared by Doctors that it was not corona.

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've been twice. Most of the beaches are man made but the beach at Fort Zachary state park is natural and imho the best. Last time I was there got to see navy seals do amphibious training exercises as there is a navy barracks next door. Definitely check out Fort Zachary.  Also, an adjacent island called Stock island has a restaurant that you should fit in to your plans called Hogfish Bar and Grill.  Get the hogfish sandwich or hogfish tacos or both if they have it. Our first trip my wife and I went on a fishing trip and she actually caught a hogfish which is pretty rare. 

I recommend renting bikes if you can ride because parking and driving around is a hassle.

Oh, and visit the Key West nature preserve.  Its tucked away on the east side of the island south of smathers beach. There are crabs everywhere there.

And check out their graveyards. Pretty neat to see.

To add, Mallory square at sunset st least once and recommend visiting the aquarium. 

One more thing, there is the Ernest Hemingway and President Truman houses. And 6 toed cats. 

I keep remembering things.  Recommend breakfast and key lime pie at Blue Heaven restaurant, and the Rum Bar on duvall st.

Driving or flying?

Flying.

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Ok you made me go back through and read it also..I was kinda surprised by who some of the people were that were saying stuff...I think some may of had some fire water..😂

Win or lose, game threads are always full of wild overreactions.  I read them after the game for the entertainment value.

i wasn't one who was commenting on last night's game, but i still don't see the problem with some people being negative and criticizing.  again, it's part of message boards.  we don't all agree.  some are positive.  some are negative.  some like some players more than others.  etc., etc.  it's okay.  RP's 7 assists in 14 minutes is impressive.  so was Armaan's play.  loved that we were pretty well rested going into tonight with CAM's minute distribution.  

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i wasn't one who was commenting on last night's game, but i still don't see the problem with some people being negative and criticizing.  again, it's part of message boards.  we don't all agree.  some are positive.  some are negative.  some like some players more than others.  etc., etc.  it's okay.  RP's 7 assists in 14 minutes is impressive.  so was Armaan's play.  loved that we were pretty well rested going into tonight with CAM's minute distribution.  

the problem was not the complaining it was making it personal towards certain players like wanting players gone and can't wait until they are not here.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

the problem was not the complaining it was making it personal towards certain players like wanting players gone and can't wait until they are not here.

...as well as the outlandishness of some of the things that are said.  I'm not going to call anyone out specifically, but you can't help but laugh reading some of the things said after the fact.

20 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Writing on the wall & being from the South Bend region, local sports talk shows say don’t be surprised if ND isn’t a destiny.  

14 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Well we know where Wesley is going then...I had high hopes for Anderson and getting a recruit from that area but I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

This is nothing concrete and just ND looking at all options so until DA or IU come out with a Statement, it’s just speculation.

19 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Big difference is there was no pandemic. 

I think a lot of us are probably guilty of going to work or school when we felt bad.    I know I have.   I didn't want to let my coworkers/boss down.  So I sucked it up and worked.   Spreading my illness was the last thing on my mind.

The current situation though... you just can't do that.   I just can't comprehend how Hoiberg or anyone with Nebraska thought it was ok to be coaching like that.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Agreed 100% different scenario.   What Hoiberg did was maybe the stupidest thing a coach has ever done.  And MJ had the bottle flu.

Archived