HSN Bracket Talk

rico

Well, the brackets really start changing now.

Xavier and Stanford both lost last night.  Big blows to both schools.

NC State took care of business against Pitt setting up a game against Duke.

Colorado is safely in but they took a big loss Washington St.  The Buff's seed will probably drop.

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Still think our best chance of making a run is at a 10 seed. But looking more likely at a 9 seed right now. And if by miracle we win the BTT then who knows. 

I wouldn't mind be a 9 as long as we dont get Kansas.

I've been hoping for a 10 seed all along. Get a 7 team that is very similar to us and hopefully a weak 2 seed. My biggest fear in terms of the bracket is what I mentioned yesterday....are they going to seed teams according to geography to avoid or limit teams travelling. If that happens we could get a 2 seed with Dayton or Kentucky which I would be fine with.

I just don't want the 8/9 game or seed.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been hoping for a 10 seed all along. Get a 7 team that is very similar to us and hopefully a weak 2 seed. My biggest fear in terms of the bracket is what I mentioned yesterday....are they going to seed teams according to geography to avoid or limit teams travelling. If that happens we could get a 2 seed with Dayton or Kentucky which I would be fine with.

I think quite a few teams will be shuffling around from the 6-10 seed range.  

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I totally agree with you. I'm really curious what a win against Penn State and loss to Maryland would do. I'm a little worried that we'll move from our current 10/11(/maybe last two 9 seed too?) range to just the 8/9 range. I'm not trying to assume we win tonight or assume we win an 8/9 game in the NCAAT, but I would definitely like to avoid a 1 seed in the second round of the NCAA. Regardless, I'm happy we actually should be back in the tournament and I guess it gives us even more reason to root for a deep run in the BTT

Heard a rumor that if the conference tournaments get cancelled, Joe Lunardi gets to set the NCAA tournament field.

He leaves us out, of course, but pens us in for the cancelled CBI tournament, playing Incarnate Word.  The game would be played on Sesame Street.

At this point, nothing would surprise me it terms of what the fate of the Tourney might be. 

I suspect, given the fact the NCAA already took the extreme step of announcing it wouldn't be permitting fans at the actual games, the tournament will go on as planned. I could see the NCAA getting through the selection process and perhaps taking another unusual step in postponing the tourney a couple weeks, to see if the spread of this thing might somehow peak before then. 

EDIT: And conference tourney's are cancelled.

2 hours ago, zerawkid said:

At this point, nothing would surprise me it terms of what the fate of the Tourney might be. 

I suspect, given the fact the NCAA already took the extreme step of announcing it wouldn't be permitting fans at the actual games, the tournament will go on as planned. I could see the NCAA getting through the selection process and perhaps taking another unusual step in postponing the tourney a couple weeks, to see if the spread of this thing might somehow peak before then. 

EDIT: And conference tourney's are cancelled.

I tend to think they will delay the start of the tourney. That is what makes the most sense for all. 

The money / commercials / contracts and related revenue is the holdup. Billions at stake, of course. And maybe they therefore go on as scheduled, but with the way everything else in the US is getting delayed, do tend to think a delayed start is coming. We'll see

Archived