Penn St pre game thread

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Co-champions with Minny...

Ricky Jr probably already added it to his resume and is trying to get the administration to pay his B10 Champions bonus...

One thing I was wondering if coaches who has bonuses for making the tournament what will happen to them if the tournament is cancelled.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

One thing I was wondering if coaches who has bonuses for making the tournament what will happen to them if the tournament is cancelled.

Maybe if instead of a "Selection Sunday" they have a "Woulda Been Selected Sunday."

Other than that, probably not...

12 minutes ago, IUguy said:

Too bad!  If we could have won this game, we were a lock and with a better seed.

Now, we probably are in, but who knows if there will even be a tournament.  Feel sorry for the two seniors.

MAybe this makes sense, maybe not. But with no league tourneys being played, doesn't that omit a number of automatic births from league tourney champs? So in theory wouldn't this open up more spots for at large bids? ... If there actually is a dang dance of course.

40 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Actually, his contract provides for up to one million in bonuses. 

Link 

I was going by the link...

If the team makes the NCAA Tournament, he receives $25,000. If the team makes the Round of 32, he receives $25,000. If the team makes the Sweet 16, he receives $35,000. If the team makes the Elite Eight, he receives $50,000. If the team makes the Final Four, he receives $125,000. If the team wins the National Championship, he receives $250,000."

Now, I'm not sure those figures are cumulative or not (I didn't think so when I initially looked, but could be), but either way it doesn't add up to 1 million...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Link 

I was going by the link...

If the team makes the NCAA Tournament, he receives $25,000. If the team makes the Round of 32, he receives $25,000. If the team makes the Sweet 16, he receives $35,000. If the team makes the Elite Eight, he receives $50,000. If the team makes the Final Four, he receives $125,000. If the team wins the National Championship, he receives $250,000."

Now, I'm not sure those figures are cumulative or not (I didn't think so when I initially looked, but could be), but either way it doesn't add up to 1 million...

It's  all good.  I was going by this article from the IDS, which claimed Coach Miller's bonuses could potentially add up to $1million per year :

Archie Miller's contract details announced - Indiana Daily Student

32 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's  all good.  I was going by this article from the IDS, which claimed Coach Miller's bonuses could potentially add up to $1million per year :

Archie Miller's contract details announced - Indiana Daily Student

In total  I believe you're correct. I was just trying to answer what Scott was asking about re the NCAA tournament and coaches bonuses... 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In total  I believe you're correct. I was just trying to answer what Scott was asking about re the NCAA tournament and coaches bonuses... 

You DO know that YOU are one of my favorite members.  In either case, we can only go by the information that is fed to us. Right or wrong.  Take care.

Archived