Big Ten Tournament Cancelled

KDB

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Everyone please listen to experts, and no, I do not mean your friends on Fox News. 

Yet my friends on Fox this morning said that even on a Sunday, they have never seen less traffic coming to work, than today.   LOL

Hey.... I am watching all the national and local news channels.  Just happened to catch that on Fox this morning, during my channel surfing.

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree...amazing how uninformed the media is on this...but I'm suspicious that they WANT the numbers to be sensational.

Yep.  These percentages and numbers being thrown out are guesses.   We have no idea how many people have had the virus but assumed it was something else and then they recovered before being tested.  The virus is very contagious and I find it hard to believe more haven't had it.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

I trust the experts.  If they say we need to avoid this type of gathering, then I am going with them, not a bunch of armchair scientists and doctors.  While many people are saying this will be much to do about nothing, I say look at what is happening in Italy and Iran.  Literally, you can see mass burial sites from satellites in Iran.  Also, people need to understand, this isn't just about those who will get better, but the potential masses that won't and how that could potentially overwhelm our hospitals systems, who may not have enough respirators and other needed equipment to treat the sick. 

In Italy, they are having to makes choices on who is the most vulnerable and it would be shitty for you or anyone else to put yourself in harm's way unnecessarily and create the need for the same choice here. 

I 100% want the people completely dismissing it to be right, but look at what’s out there.  Not everyone is stupid.  When the overwhelming majority of businesses are closing up shop, while losing billions upon billions, there’s a reason.  Experts are telling them.  Not a blonde who looks cute on TV.  There’s a reason why literally all sports are cancelling everything.  The stock market is in total free fall.  Markets are efficient.  Sure they can overreact, but they go down for a reason.  It spreads rapidly. Even if you end up fine, you can transmit it to someone who isn’t so lucky.  Like a droplet of a sneeze can get the next guy.   Take a look at what’s happening in Italy and Iran.  It’s brutal.  This isn’t just the flu.  Misinformation like that is deadly.  

Archived