Big Ten Tournament Cancelled

KDB

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s what I think you do if your the NCAA. Right now, for better or for worse, everything seems to be incredibly reactionary. And I don’t mean to say that any of the decisions this far have been wrong, but if feels like everyone is feeding off everyone else. The NCAA should still have selection Sunday as normal, and then wait until next Tuesday or so to make a decision after having several days to mull it over and examine the situation.

2 minutes ago, madmax said:

Here’s what I think you do if your the NCAA. Right now, for better or for worse, everything seems to be incredibly reactionary. And I don’t mean to say that any of the decisions this far have been wrong, but if feels like everyone is feeding off everyone else. The NCAA should still have selection Sunday as normal, and then wait until next Tuesday or so to make a decision after having several days to mull it over and examine the situation.

Can't wait that long because of all the travel and the play in games start Tuesday.

While I had the same sentiment as most early in this virus' lifespan, I am swayed the other direction now. 

While this virus is lethal, it isn't its mortality that is the biggest concern. Rather, it's the taxing of the current healthcare systems in place. Using the current numbers from the nations that are experiencing it the worst while also not knowing the future, we extrapolate the numbers out and they QUICKLY overwhelm the current healthcare system. Right now, all we have are the numbers...and the early comparisons are WORSE than the typical flu. 

I invite you to read this very well thought-out and written article. It is based deeply in facts, and gives a low-end/high-end range of outcomes.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca 

18 minutes ago, madmax said:

I mentioned somewhere yesterday they should plan to move the tournament to Montana,Idaho, and Wyoming where there are no cases as of now and maybe let those people attend or not. 

Never mind. Montana has one now. 

12 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Maybe ESPN will consider replaying previous ncaa tournaments or individual games from past tournaments.  That would be enjoyable for many, I think.  

ESPN doesn't have the rights to the ncaa tourney, CBS does.  ESPN will have an easy transition into their specialty... politics.  

Archived