There are no unbeaten TEAMS LEFT after December 30 ,2017 !!

Now that that there are no longer any unbeaten teams left , the First [part] Season is over !! The Second season started in earnest last night !! The way I see it , there are four ways that a team/school can proceed from this point forward and they are ::

#1 . Stay the same !

#2. Get BETTER !

#3. Get worse !

#4. Go Up and down like a yo-yo !!

I sure as heck hope that " Archie & The Gang " choose OPTION #2 !! Only time will tell !!

Wednesday , Nov 29 ,2017 !

Penn 5 & 3 @ Villanova 6 & 0

Louisiana  Tech 5 & 0 @ Alabama 5 & 1 ! La Tech should go down tonight !Belmont 4 & 3 @ TCU 6 & 0 

Miami Florida  5 & 0 @ Minnesota 7 & 0 !! another team falls from the unbeaten list after this game !

Thursday November 30 ,2017

Texas Tech 6 & 0 @ Seton Hall 5 & 1 !! Will Texas Tech go down tonight ??

Notre Dame 6 & 0 @ Michigan State 5 & 1 ! Will the Irish fall in this matchup ??

UTPA 3 &4 @ Texas A & M 6 & 0 1

Saturday December 2 ,2017 

Cincinnati 7 & 0 @ Xavier !1 Will Cincinnatti taste defeat in this one ?

Lehigh 3 & 3 @ Virginia 7 & 0

South Dakote 6 & 2 @ Duke 8 & 0

Yale 4 & 4 @ TCU 5 & 0

Kansas 5 & 0 @ Syracuse 6 & 0  !! UH OH -Sumpin's gonna happen in this one !!

Princeton 2 & 3 @ Miami Florida 5 & 0

US fca 3 & 1 @ Arizona State 6 & 0 ! 

Some GOOD hoops  games to watch for !!!

I have updated the unbeaten list to reflect the FIVE previously UNBEATEN teams that LOST last night !1 This reduces the UNBEATEN  List to ONLY 23 unbeatens left after ONLY 19 DAYS into the season  !! At least 2 more should go down tonight [Wednesday November 29 ,2017 ]!!!!!

P.S. As many as SIX UNBEATENS could  be handed their first Loss of this season by MIDNIGHT Saturday , December 2 , 2017 ????????????????????? Stay Tuned !!

P.S. Again :: Since there are 351 Division 1 Men's College Basketball teams and only 23 remain undefeated , that means that ONLY 6.55 % OF ALL 351  DIVISION 1 Schools are still without a LOSS as of Wednesday ,  November 29 , 2017 !!

I have just removed UNLV , Louisiana Tech , and Minnesota from  the list of CURRENT "unbeatens" !1 The list is down to only 20 of the 351 D1 schools that remain without a loss ! That translates into only 5.69 PERCENT of the 351 !! This after only 19 days into the season !! How long will it take for those 20 teams to fall from the Undefeated list ????  Only time will tell !! Stat tuned !  -30-

The undefeated list has now SHRUNK to only 18 !! That means that only 5.13 % of the 351 D1 teams have not yet tasted defeat !! However, they are dropping like flies ! Kansas plays Syracuse this weekend so another undefeated team will bite the dust in that one !! I am wondering how much into the season will we have to go to see that Final Undefeated team go down !! I have a lot of fun keeping track of that BECAUSE ::::::IU & Coach Knight were the LAST TEAM to finiish the Regular Season without a LOSS and then win the NCAA Tournament to top off what was a FANTASTIC SEASON FOR HOOSIER BASKETBALL !!

I just Updated the original post to reflect the  number of teams that are no longer without a single loss ! There are only 13 of the 351 D1 schools left that havr not yet tasted defeat !!!!! That means that ONLY 3.7 PERCENT of the 351 D1 schools have not yet tasted defeat this season !1 How soon will others fall from the unbeaten ranks ?? Stay tuned !!

I just updated my original post to reflect that  the list of undefeated teams has SHRUNK to only TEN out of 351 D1 schools !! That is only 2.03 PERCENT of ALL OF THE 351 D1 Schools have already tasted defeat this season and we are only 27 days into the 2017-2018 season ! How long will it take for the remaining ten teams that have not tasted defeat [ as of today-Wednesday December 6 ,2017] to taste that bitter pill ??? Only the shadow knows !! Stay Tuned !!

I predict their first losses will be:

Duke - at Miami 1/15

FSU - at Duke 12/30

Miami - at Florida St 1/27

Villanova - at Xavier 2/17

Georgetown - vs Syracuse 12/16

TCU - at Baylor 1/2

Kansas - at Texas 12/29

Valpo - at Purdue 12/7

Arizona St - at Kansas 12/10

Miss St - at Cincy 12/12

Villanova has a legit shot at an undefeated regular season.

You forgot Valparaiso 8 & 0 !! Unfortunately . i see Valpo losing at those [censured] pee yew smellermakers Tomorrow night -Thursday  December 7 , 2017 , ( Another day that will live in INFAMY !! ) VBG !! Don't forget Villanova has to play AT BUTLER on December 30 .2017 , and any game AT BUTLER is no friggin' gimme !!! They also play Xavier on Jan. 30 1018 1 and AT Marquette on Sunday January 28 ,2018 !1 Marquette has been a decent team WITHOUT 6'10" SMU Center Transfer , Harry Frohling !! Well , Frohling will be eligible for that game ,so I would not count that a a sure win either !! Nova would also have to win AT :: Xavier ON Feb. 17 ,2018 , At : Creighton on Feb. 24 ,2018 , and at : Seton Hall on Feb. 28 ,2018 !1 I think you are counting your chickens BEFORE they even get hatched !! Nova will NOT go without a regular season loss !! You heard it here first from old HTD ~!! Also Kansas has a game with UNDEFEATED Arizona State on Sunday Dec. 10 ,2017 !! Arizona State CRUSHED previously unbeaten Xavier 102 to 83 recently !! Do not overlook Arizona State !! Also TCU Plays once beaten Nevada at Reno in Los Angelos on December 8 2017 on ESPN-U !! This is no gimme for TCU by any means !! and TCU has a trap game vs Oklahoma at home [ also on ESPN-U] on the 30th. of December , BEFORE going to Baylor !! I agree with Geprgetown losing at home to Syracuse ! Georgetown has not defeated a QUALITY opponent this season !! About Duke !! They might have a trap game versus unbeaten Florida State on Sat. Dec. 30 ,2017 on CBS-TV 1 Duke also plays at N.C State on Sat. Jan . 8 ,2018 !! N.C. State is 7 & 2 !!( And Better than Indiana [ I hate saying that] and Duke only pulled away late in the game to beat IU by 0nly 10 points !!! I think Miami of Florida has many trap games before playing at Florida State ! Dec 23 ,2017 At Hawaii ( 4 & 2 ) [never an easy place to win] , Wed. Jan 3. 2018 AT GEORGIA TECH [ only 4 & 3] but tough to beat at home !! , Jan.7 , 2018 at HOME versus Florida State , Sat Jan. 13 , 2018 , and Monday Jan. 15 , 2018 !1 I seriously doubt that Miami of Florida will make it till Jan .27 ,2018 as STILL an undefeated team !! Florida State has a tough non conference game with 7 & 1 Oklahoma State that I would not OVER LOOK before they play at Duke TWO WEEKS later !!  I AGREE the First loss for Mississippi State could come on Tuesday December 12 , 2017 !! However , the game is actually being played in Highland Heights , Kentucky ( Where ever in the heck that is ,VBG) Should Mississippi State actually UPSET Cincinnati in Kentucky ( ON ESPN-2) , I would say that State's first loss will probably come on Wed . Jan . 10 , 2018 vs the 5 & 1  Florida Gators on the SEC Network  !! IF ARIZONA STATE ACTUALLY BEATS KANSAS ( Not entirely out of the realm of possibility !!) The Sun Devils have a 3 -game ROAD TRIP that will result in their possible 1st . defeat this season :: Sat Dec. 30 ,2017 at 5 & 3 Arizona [Arizona is playing much better now !]Thur. Jan . 4 , 2018 AT 6 & 1  COLORADO  ,and Sun. Jan 7. 2018 at 6 & 1 UTAH !! AT ANY RATE THERE ARE SOME VERY INTERESTING AND IMPORTANT GAMES [ TO ME ] THAT I AM GOING TO TRY TO WATCH UNTIL THERE ARE NO TEAMS LEFT WITHOUT A SINGLE LOSS !!!

Kansas losing in the state of Kansas to the university of Washington  last night proves what I've always said , " You should not over look any opponent in today's college hoops world  !!"

Valparaiso should lose tonight at Hackey-Smackey Arena ( hoping they upset the smellermakers ,VBG) Only 9 left that have not lost yet this season !!   After tonight it will be down to only 8 !!

With the LOSS by the Mighty dookie padookies [Duke university] to a 6 & 3 Boston College team by a score of 89 to 84 again proves what I always say !! " Anybody can be beaten on any given day " [even DUKE , VBG !! ]  I have updated my original post to reflect the current won/loss records of the ONLY SEVEN remaining unbeatens !! Mississippi State could very well be the next team to fall from the unbeaten list tomorrow night ( Tuesday , December 12 , 2017 !!) versus Cincinnati !! P.S. The POIONT of my post was that DUKE LOST to a team that was only 6 & $ at that time [ going into that game ] !! IT really should not matter whether Duke lost that game by 7 points or JUST by 5 POINTS!! The ONLY important thing is that those [censured , censured ] GOT BEAT - BEAT - BEAT - BEAT by Boston College !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/11/2017 at 11:46 AM, hoosiertildeath said:

With the LOSS by the Mighty dookie padookies [Duke university] to a 6 & 3 Boston College team by a score of 89 to 82 again proves what I always say !! " Anybody can be beaten on any given day " [even DUKE , VBG !! I have updated my original post to reflect the current won/loss records of the ONLY SEVEN remaining unbeatens !! Mississippi State could very well be the next team to fall from the unbeaten list tomorrow night ( Tuesday , December 12 , 2017 !!) versus Cincinnati !!

HTD the score was 89-84.

Whatever?? The damned Dookies LOST ( regarless of the  FINAL SCORE) !LMAO , LMAO , LMAO ,LMAO !! Duke LOST to a team that went into that game with a 6 & 3 won/loss record !! I'm Loving it !! i'VE JUST UPDATED MY ORIGINAL POST  to clear Mississippi State from the UNBEATEN list ! There is now only 4 Conferences with UNBEATEN teams left ::The ACC with 2 Miami of Florida and Florida State ! The Big East with 2:: Georgetown & Villanova !! The B12 with one ;TCU ! Finally , the Pac12 with one :: Arizona State!! I think Georgetown will fall Saturday at The Carrier Dome in SYRACUSE  , December 16 ,2017 !!

P.S. I will update my post to correct the Game Score ,VBG !!

I Goofed !! Syracuse is playing AT Georgetown tomorrow !! ( I still think Syracuse will win >) The SIX teams left without a LOSS this season still have a bunch of road games yet tp play @!! Here is the breakdown ::

Miami of Florida has 11 road games left  !

TCU has TEN  and Villanova also has TEN !!

Georgetown , Arizona State , and Florida State all have Nine road games !

ALL 6 of these teams will have at least 2 or 3 conference home games that will not be a gimme either !! I do not see any of these teams breaking RMK'S UNBEATEN RECORD from 1975-1976 !! Think about that !! It has now been 42 SEASONS gone by without that record being broken  ( Even with all of the censured cheating that has gone on during this time period ) !! I am now 76 years old and for the last 42 of those years NO OTHER TEAM has been able to go undefeated during the regular season and then win the NCAA Tournament that same season !! WOW-WOW- WOW !! That is an awesome record , INDEED !!!!!! 

I just updated my original post to reflect the fact that there are NO LONGER any teams without a loss in the MIGHTY ACC !! ( As new Mexico State knocked off Miami of Florida before losing in the Championship USC Squad that now looks pretty DARN STRONG with a healthy Bennie Boatwright !! ONLY TCU , Villanova , & Arizona State remain without a loss YET !! And we still have not gotten to the ALL-out conference wars [yet] , !!!

Villanova  , TCU , & Arizona all have very tough games TOMORROW- Saturday , December 30 , 2017 , and all 3 could fall out of the "UNBEATEN" list !! I intend to keep score on all 3 of those games !! While I am posting  --here are the LIST of TEAMS that have yet to WIN a single game this season ,!

Mississippi Valley State- 0 & 13

Coppin State -0 & 13 

Alabama A & M- 0 & 13 

Arkansas Pine Bluff -0 & 14

Alabama State--0 & 12

Texas Southern--0 & 13

In Fairness I need to say::: Mike Davis and Texas Southern has played a killer SCHEDULE with all 13 games ON THE ROAD !! All of these schools schedule tough ROAD games FOR MONEY to support their Basketball Programs !! I will not be shocked if Mike Davis actually ends up back in the big dance !! Texas Southern plays in the SWAC Conference  and 5 of the 6 teams that have yet to win a game are in the SWAC !! The TWO Best teams record wise in the SWAC are Alcorn State at 4 & 9 and Grambling at 4 & 9 !! So , do not be surprised if you see Davis and Texas Southern make the " Big Dance " one again

I just completely changed my original post to reflect that there are no longer ANY teams left in D1 Men's Basketball that have not LOST at least ONE GAME !! This second season [Conference Play] we will start to separate the Men from the BOYS !! Here's hoping that The HOOSIERS grow up and play LIKE MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indiana State is now 6 & 8 OVERALL and 1 & 1 in Mo Valley Conference play !! That is why I find it so hard to comprehend IU's rotten play in that game !! Ft. Wayne is at least 11 & 6 currently ??? IU still LOOKED TERRIBLE in the Ft . Wayne game , though !! Let all of the HOOSIERNATION hope and pray that there will never be no more games  played BY IU that even in any way resembles our play in those two games !!

Archived