The NCAAT men's and women's tournament....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What a travesty. They were already going to play in empty arenas. I don't get it.

My sense is it changed when Goebert got it and spread it to Mitchell.  Healthy young guys.  In other words, player to player transmission changed the calculation and the analysis.  It’s not like it’s a hypothetical, academic scenario.  There’s concrete precedent.  

The olympics are probably next to go down.  

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

My sense is it changed when Goebert got it and spread it to Mitchell.  Healthy young guys.  In other words, player to player transmission changed the calculation and the analysis.  It’s not like it’s a hypothetical, academic scenario.  There’s concrete precedent.  

The olympics are probably next to go down.  

If only he didn't get handsy with the microphones, we would still have the NCAA Tourney.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sucks for Devonte and De'ron who got us back into it last night. Classy tweet by TJD.

Truly feel badly for them.  First time in many years an IU player never made it to the dance.

Can you or someone else provide the TJD tweet for us ?

This is more than a media-triggered overreaction by the way. Don't just look at a low body count and say "this is nothing to be worried about". Infectious diseases slam certain units of the hospital like they could only ever hope to accommodate. This particular virus has a pretty crazy infectious period in that you can infect someone without feeling any symptoms yourself for up to two weeks prior. You simply cannot know if you're transmitting it or not for a very long amount of time, and combine the type of hysteria that invites with the ability for the virus to very quickly find the more vulnerable types of people to this disease (old people, kids) makes the idea of slamming together national championship audience sized groups of people a ridiculous idea.

This really sucks as a basketball fan. There is no way around that, and it's probably always going to frustrate me not knowing the true measure of this team. But what's happened isn't the decision of some pathetically soft world. Continuing on with events like this could prolong this virus being around by months and more people would die from it. The presumably low number it would be that die seems kind of irrelevant to me. The stress put on healthcare facilities, on ordinary people fearing for their daily safety, and much more is why we have to do everything to end this infection.

Other than that, I'm just sad. A bunch of kids lost something they build their whole lives to and I lost my favorite sporting event of the year. Sad the highs and lows of this season just kind of dissipate into a nothingness and there's no opportunity for us to prove anything. I never thought this would have happened three days ago, and now I'm here agreeing it's the right thing to do. We live on a crazy rock.

6 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

With no money coming in from the tournament, the real question is: will Kansas' and UK's players still get paid? My thoughts and prayers are with them during this hard time.

May have to dip into their endowment funds. 

Archived