The NCAAT men's and women's tournament....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I'm surprised they full on canceled it already. Seems like they could pause everything and re-evaluate in a couple of weeks.

Agree completely.   Shut everything down for a couple of weeks and then reaccess the situation. 

Instead of an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure, it's an ounce of panic.

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Trayce is a phenomenal kid.  He’s really articulate as seen in his interviews. What a talented young man he is.  

You know. There are times when I am not a fan of twitter.  THIS is not one of those times.

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

Agree completely.   Shut everything down for a couple of weeks and then reaccess the situation. 

Instead of an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure, it's an ounce of panic.

I think they've been advised that the situation will be much worse in two weeks time. We are still in an early phase.

I am definitely sad for all the seniors and all the teams that worked so hard all season to not get the opportunity to play out the endgame. I am sad for myself as March Madness is my favorite time of the year.

I understand why it is happening and accept it, but man it is so surreal. Still not sure it has sunk in yet. No sports for months. 

38 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I am definitely sad for all the seniors and all the teams that worked so hard all season to not get the opportunity to play out the endgame. I am sad for myself as March Madness is my favorite time of the year.

I understand why it is happening and accept it, but man it is so surreal. Still not sure it has sunk in yet. No sports for months. 

Was really looking forward to watching us play tonight and then the anticipation of the selection/seedings. We were definitley going dancing this year. Huge bummer.

43 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Some coaches are starting to talk about giving seniors another year. 

That's completely ridiculous.  If a senior tears his ACL near the end of the season and has to miss the tournament is he given another year?  If not what's the difference?

Putting public health aside for a moment. 

Kansas was the clear #1 and favorite to win the title.  After all the issues with their program over the last year with absolutely 0 consequence, part of me is laughing with irony.  If they would have won it all I would have been even more furious with the NCAA.  I see this as a sort of sweet karma, at least from this perspective.  

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's completely ridiculous.  If a senior tears his ACL near the end of the season and has to miss the tournament is he given another year?  If not what's the difference?

Just to be clear, are you unable to distinguish between a player suffering a torn ACL and a global pandemic??

Count me in as hoping the NCAA allows any senior, who doesn't pursue a pro career, to come back to school with his scholarship for the next year. 

My heart thinks seniors being given a chance to come back is great, but my head says no way, it creates way too many problems. Not to mention I think there are a lot of seniors who would want to move on to get a start on life/making money playing basketball. It also can create some really awkward situations for coaches, which doesn’t matter really, but still. 

Archived