The NCAAT men's and women's tournament....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I posted something earlier but on WLW from Cincinnati last night had a story where Lunardi had tweeted out a picture of the NCAA bracket as of Thursday.  It had IU in as 11 seed playing BYU

I just went through Lunardi Twitter.  He makes no claim that that is the ncaa's.  It is his own.  

I really don’t get why they don’t release one. I’ve seen it mentioned that it’s not accurate because automatic qualifiers can’t be taken into consideration. 

This argument is unconvincing to me. Just pretend the AQ from each conference is the team that won the regular season title. Not that hard. In all actuality the bracket done this way might be one or two teams different then had things played out fully.

It also gives teams and players their stake to claim in history. They may not have played in the tournament, but at least their efforts this season weren’t unrewarded.

I saw this in our morning Evansville Courier Sports page today. It's a "What If" scenario had the Dance taken place. The author of the article did in fact, have IU in as a 11th seed playing (shocker) number 3 seed pUKe!! But the wildkitties destroy our Hoosiers.... 88-54.

And while many of us wondered how the Dayton Flyers would do if they were in the B1G, the same guy has them going all the way and playing in the national championship game and losing to the Kansas Jayhawks!!

Here's a link if want to see his full bracket:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2020/03/15/ncaa-tournament-cancelled-selection-sunday-plays-out-march-madness/5041773002/

12 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I saw this in our morning Evansville Courier Sports page today. It's a "What If" scenario had the Dance taken place. The author of the article did in fact, have IU in as a 11th seed playing (shocker) number 3 seed pUKe!! But the wildkitties destroy our Hoosiers.... 88-54.

And while many of us wondered how the Dayton Flyers would do if they were in the B1G, the same guy has them going all the way and playing in the national championship game and losing to the Kansas Jayhawks!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2020/03/15/ncaa-tournament-cancelled-selection-sunday-plays-out-march-madness/5041773002/

Lol, we would've beaten UK this year. It really is a monster shame, I think we would've had a shot at a real run as anywhere from a 9 to 11 seed.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Sounds like a real UK homer there, but that's not surprising...Evansville is infested with pUKe fans.

Apparently this one forgot that pUKe couldn't even beat Evansville on their home floor.  I wouldn't have expected much from them in the tournament...not enough outside shooting, too inexperienced, mental issues with players and too streaky to win six on the road. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol, we would've beaten UK this year. It really is a monster shame, I think we would've had a shot at a real run as anywhere from a 9 to 11 seed.

He actually has us falling to Virginia by 6. The bracket is set up a little awkward so I could see the confusion on who is playing who.

Either way, I think we beat Kentucky this year on a neutral floor.

Archived