Penn State Probable Game Thread

10 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I know I have told this story but when I was a kid growing up on the south side on Indy I met Chuck many times when he hosted the television wrestling matches held at the South Side Armory. He was a brave man to stand along side the wrestlers as they screamed and slobbered into his microphone. A great man who always took the time to talk to young punks like me. I always wondered who he took more crap from, Dick the Bruiser or Coach Knight?

Thanks for your kind comments in the post above.  Just know... HSN would never exist, if it were not for CC.

In terms of Chuck Marlow.  He hosted both Dick the Bruiser and his cousin, the Crusher on Chicago tv for years, as well.

As far as standing up to the wrestlers.  How about standing up to Bobby Knight ?  Stories that Chuck would wait,  for hours. Sometimes well into the early morning hours. Waiting for Coach Knight to show up for their weekly tv show.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, milehiiu said:

Thanks for your kind comments in the post above.  Just know... HSN would never exist, if it were not for CC.

In terms of Chuck Marlow.  He hosted both Dick the Bruiser and his cousin, the Crusher on Chicago tv for years, as well.

As far as standing up to the wrestlers.  How about standing up to Bobby Knight ?  Stories that Chuck would wait,  for hours. Sometimes well into the early morning hours. Waiting for Coach Knight to show up for their weekly tv show.

When Coach Knight brought on Jack the Donkey Chuck couldn't contain himself. He was laughing so hard I wouldn't be surprised he didn't whiz himself. 

29 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

This is great!  I only wish I’d seen it sooner.  Is there going to be a game thread for our game against Purdue today?  It’s a shame they advanced to Saturday but glad we get an opportunity to beat them this year.    

Bybee gets his first start of the season! One minute in, he gets hit with a flagrant for apparently elbowing Haarms in the forehead. I couldn't see it on the replay... 

Archived