Coaching Carousel has already started!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

Wow...Tim Duncan? Not sure about his coaching prowess, but it may instantly boost the recruiting. 

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Duncan could be the exception to the star player = bad coach thesis.  He just seems like a guy that could actually coach. He may be just as bad as most, but I just have a feeling...

46 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Duncan could be the exception to the star player = bad coach thesis.  He just seems like a guy that could actually coach. He may be just as bad as most, but I just have a feeling...

I thought when he was playing he could become a good coach if he wants to do it. Always struck me as a very intelligent player who really understands the game and is a good communicator. If he is good at passing that knowledge to players and helping them understand remains to be seen. And I think that is the disconnect many of the great players have when they try to coach.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why are we talking about Duncan as Wake Forest coach since they already hired one in Steve Forbes.

Because someone else might take a flyer on him?  I have a feeling he'd be a better bet than Patrick Ewing or Penny Hardaway.  In addition to being so talented, he's just so...fundamental.

Archived