Erik Stevenson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I would actually love him. He had a rough second half of the season, but was WSU's best player early on and he fills up the stat sheet. 

I addmitedly haven’t seen his play so am just going off the stat line, but his shooting numbers his first two years are down right brutal. The numbers I posted above were both increases from his freshmen year where they were even worse.

With that said, he looks like a tough kid and a lot of big schools are going after him  

35 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

EEE241A6-4232-4C3B-9D72-7CAAA374B990.png

Not sure what to think about this. Definitely sounds like trouble in Wichita.

One day after Wichita State men’s basketball fans were shocked when the season ended abruptly, they were stunned again on Friday when news surfaced that four scholarship players, Erik Stevenson and Jamarius Burton among them, were transferring from the program.

By the end of Friday, a third of the returning scholarship players — Stevenson, Burton, Noah Fernandes and DeAntoni Gordon — and a walk-on, Tate Busse, announced they plan to leave WSU.

“Coach (Gregg Marshall) and I didn’t have a great relationship,” Stevenson said. “Obviously we didn’t mesh. That’s probably the biggest reason why I’m leaving. I’ve got to find a better relationship and a better situation.”

“I felt like I showed what I could do at the highest level,” Stevenson said. “When I had the confidence from Coach (Marshall) and the staff and I wasn’t looking over my shoulder after every mistake, I was the leader of the team and we were winning games and winning by big margins.

“But when the confidence from the staff went away and the one-mistake, come-out rule went into place, that’s when things started to go downhill. I think the former players know exactly what I’m talking about.”

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article241187251.html

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I addmitedly haven’t seen his play so am just going off the stat line, but his shooting numbers his first two years are down right brutal. The numbers I posted above were both increases from his freshmen year where they were even worse.

With that said, he looks like a tough kid and a lot of big schools are going after him  

I just looked at his stats and they were not great but remember watching some of their games and he looked pretty good.  Saw he was from the state of Washington so I would assume he will go back to that area and probably the Pac 10

Even if he redshirts, he absorbs a scholarship.   I believe we are Even Steven(son) on schollies right now, so the coaches must have a sense of something if they are entertaining other players.  Recall that Archie had said we would have 3-5 recruits long ago so he’s thought something was possible for a long time.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Even if he redshirts, he absorbs a scholarship.   I believe we are Even Steven(son) on schollies right now, so the coaches must have a sense of something if they are entertaining other players.  Recall that Archie had said we would have 3-5 recruits long ago so he’s thought something was possible for a long time.  

I remember him saying somewhere where this class could be 4-6 players

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

That sounds right.  It sounds possible if not likely that more roster moves are afoot.  

I would be surprised if we don't see any transfers.  I think we will see 1 definitely and we probably can guess which one could be and I think we will see more than that.  I guess maybe I was wrong for wanting to see Marshall as our coach because it seems like he having trouble the last two years.

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That sounds right.  It sounds possible if not likely that more roster moves are afoot.  

It's an absolute certainty that someone else is leaving early.  Archie publicly said BEFORE Lander that he had TWO open scholarships for 2020.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and LOL at the posters here that wanted Marshall (and his drunk wife) at IU. 😂😂😂

I will admit I was one of those people and that does not look good right now.  We also had a coach who had a lot of transfers that we all loved here, just saying.

Archived