TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

Since a lot of us will have some free time on our hands; i thought this thread could be resourceful. Name 2 shows you binged hardcore this year and 2 you are inquiring about (to see if others HSNers have seen them and would recommend them).

Bingeworthy. (Period)
1. Messiah on Netflix: I’m embarrassed to say I watched the entire first season in 36 hours.
2. The Outsiders on HBO: Great show written by Stephen King; season 1 just wrapped last week

Bingeworhty? (Question mark)
1. Dispatchers from Elsewhere: See the commercials during Better Call Saul; looks interesting, but also looks weird. Worth it?
2. The Sinner (Season 3): I watched the first 2 seasons, but know absolutely nothing about season 3. 

I just re-instated my Netflix subscription today.  Been watching the 3rd season of Designated Survivor, former ABC show that ran for 2 seasons on the network before getting picked up for a 3rd season by Netflix.  Watched 4 episodes so far today.  Interesting season long subplot is a bio-weapon that results in flu-like symptoms.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Finally watched parks and rec this summer. John Ralphio and Mona Lisa are the best characters ever. 

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Finally watched parks and rec this summer. John Ralphio and Mona Lisa are the best characters ever. 

Agreed they are great.  Ron Swanson is my favorite though followed by Andy.

Loved how they spoofed the bob knight chair throw. Lol

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't watch many TV shows but my favorite one I watch now is Manifest on NBC.  It is in the middle of season 2 so if you have not seen it you could watcha season and half of that show.

I've missed the last 4 or 5 episodes.  Plan on binge-watching those at some point next week.

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Criminal minds and This is us. Also Blue Bloods. Tom Selleck is great.  

And series that are underappreciated Monk and Parks and Rec. 

I love Blue Bloods, but never seem to make it a priority, even though I DVR it every week.  I watch it more in the summer, when there is no basketball to watch.  I guess I can get back into it now.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I love Blue Bloods, but never seem to make it a priority, even though I DVR it every week.  I watch it more in the summer, when there is no basketball to watch.  I guess I can get back into it now.  

It's a great show. I have thought Tom Selleck is a great and underrated actor after I first saw the movie Quigley down under. Even named a dog Quigley.  Also, Donnie Wahlberg is a much better actor than  Marky Mark

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's a great show. I have thought Tom Selleck is a great and underrated actor after I first saw the movie Quigley down under. Even named a dog Quigley.  Also, Donnie Wahlberg is a much better actor than  Marky Mark

Agreed.  Donnie Wahlberg is perfect for that role.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Criminal minds and This is us. Also Blue Bloods. Tom Selleck is great.  

And series that are underappreciated Monk and Parks and Rec. 

It's a jungle out there.  Disorder and confusion everywhere.  No one seems to care.  But I do.  Hey! Who's in charge here!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this is old news....but I have netflix already but didn't know you could create a free account at www.imdb.com for old shows. Namely since I've been trying to find it for years.....the orginal Dallas series. I was never allowed to watch it growing up but started watching reruns in late 90's. Love me some JR. Anyway...really impressed with number of shows on IMDB. If looking for free or mostly free give it a look.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 4:50 PM, tdhoosier said:

Since a lot of us will have some free time on our hands; i thought this thread could be resourceful. Name 2 shows you binged hardcore this year and 2 you are inquiring about (to see if others HSNers have seen them and would recommend them).

Bingeworthy. (Period)
1. Messiah on Netflix: I’m embarrassed to say I watched the entire first season in 36 hours.
2. The Outsiders on HBO: Great show written by Stephen King; season 1 just wrapped last week

Bingeworhty? (Question mark)
1. Dispatchers from Elsewhere: See the commercials during Better Call Saul; looks interesting, but also looks weird. Worth it?
2. The Sinner (Season 3): I watched the first 2 seasons, but know absolutely nothing about season 3. 

Sorry if already mentioned but the Sopranos is one of the greatest, so is Seinfeld also Dexter and Band of Brothers,