TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

On 4/25/2020 at 11:26 AM, SteveS said:

Bosch season 6 dropped last weekend on Amazon. This is a great show based on books by Michael Connelly.  The books are excellent as is the show.

I have read all of the Bosch books.  Favorite book series I've ever read.  Just got Amazon Prime and started watching the series this week.  I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite TV series of all time as well.  Such a great character.

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have read all of the Bosch books.  Favorite book series I've ever read.  Just got Amazon Prime and started watching the series this week.  I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite TV series of all time as well.  Such a great character.

Just finished season one. Fantastic!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 9:55 PM, bluegrassIU said:

Just finished season one. Fantastic!

Are you still watching Bosch?

I've watched a single episode for the last 30 nights straight.  I prefer to view at a steady pace versus 3-4 episodes at a time.  Anyway, 30 straight nights has got me through Season 3.  Looking forward to the next 30 episodes and getting caught up.  I'm loving every minute of it. Will be kind of sad when I do finish.  Several months before Season 7 drops.

After Bosch, I'm thinking about starting through The Americans.  I only caught part of 1 episode when it was on TV.  I think I'll like it.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I've watched a single episode for the last 30 nights straight.  I prefer to view at a steady pace versus 3-4 episodes at a time.  Anyway, 30 straight nights has got me through Season 3.  Looking forward to the next 30 episodes and getting caught up.  I'm loving every minute of it. Will be kind of sad when I do finish.  Several months before Season 7 drops.

After Bosch, I'm thinking about starting through The Americans.  I only caught part of 1 episode when it was on TV.  I think I'll like it.

To me The Americans is highly underrated and underappreciated. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

No. I have this issue, drives my wife crazy.

I find a show I like, I binge watch like crazy through season 1, then I move on to something else. Rarely go onto season 2 of anything.

During the pandemic, I did this with Bosch, The Blacklist (very good), The good place, Lillehammer and a few others. 

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Americans is so good. They really nail that 1980s feel in America.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

No. I have this issue, drives my wife crazy.

I find a show I like, I binge watch like crazy through season 1, then I move on to something else. Rarely go onto season 2 of anything.

During the pandemic, I did this with Bosch, The Blacklist (very good), The good place, Lillehammer and a few others. 

I encourage you to pick it back up.  I'm getting ready to start Season 4 tonight.  And, from the research I've done, Season 4 gets tremendous ratings on quality.  

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Loved The Americans. All of it.

Have watched all of Saul, Ozark, and Peaky Blinders. Ready for a change and going to start on Schitts Creek.

I watched the first couple seasons of the Americans and need to finish watching it sometime. Is Peaky Blinders good?

haha. This thread reminded me that I started Bosch and completely forgot about it. I better jump back in.

But now I have Bosch, I just started The Deuce....and now I want to watch Zerozerozero. So many problems...🤦‍♂️

On a side note, I have a recommendation for “spousal viewing” (aka a series your both you and your wife will like because she’s sick of the violence on all the drug cartel shows you always watch): The Great on Hulu. I didn’t think I’d like it but was hooked after the first episode. A comedy/drama that’s loosely based on the life of Catherine the Great. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm halfway through the 3rd season of The Americans,  very good, and soundtrack is solid, I'm more of a 90's kid but got a taste of the 80's, and it definitely captures the feel of that time period.

+1 for the The Shield. Good show.  

Recommend Justified to if it hasn't been mentioned.  

Edited by mrflynn03

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just finished a show called The Good Place with Ted Danson.  Though it was pretty good. 

Just started one on Amazon prime called Mr. Robot.  So far so good.

How’d you watch The Good Place? I’ve watched the first 3 seasons but haven’t seen the fourth available.