TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Anyone watch Billions?  Amazon had 2 months of Showtime for $.99 during Prime day so I've been watching it.  Pretty darn good so far.

Billions to me is one of the next tier series that is really, really good. Will never be on the Thrones, Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos level.....but settles right in a step below Mad Men, Narcos,etc...

I love Billions. Finished Season 4 couple weeks ago and getting ready to fire up 5 sometime this week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I guess I'm just a sucker for the old stuff...

Dish just put up a channel called Heroes and Icons. Been recording and watching "Combat!" and "Have Gun-Will Travel."

Also been watching "Wanted-Dead or Alive" (based on a @rico recommendation in another thread) and while it's good, Josh Randle ain't no Paladin 🤠

Richard Boone ain't no Steve McQueen.  LOL

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I guess I'm just a sucker for the old stuff...

Dish just put up a channel called Heroes and Icons. Been recording and watching "Combat!" and "Have Gun-Will Travel."

Also been watching "Wanted-Dead or Alive" (based on a @rico recommendation in another thread) and while it's good, Josh Randle ain't no Paladin 🤠

H&I is great for certain shows. For example every Saturday starting at 11am EST they run 3 hours of MacGyver. If I'm home it's on before football starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Billions to me is one of the next tier series that is really, really good. Will never be on the Thrones, Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos level.....but settles right in a step below Mad Men, Narcos,etc...

I love Billions. Finished Season 4 couple weeks ago and getting ready to fire up 5 sometime this week.

Homeland worth checking out?

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep....same tier for me as Billions. Especially the first 4-5 seasons. I'm in Season 7 of Homeland right now and my interest is starting to fade a tad but still really good too.

In the later seasons the first few episodes are a bit slow because they have to set-up the story line, but once you’re established they really suck you in. 

• Like 1

Wife and I devoured season one of The Chosen.  It's crowd sourced so not on any major player and hollywood doesnt have their hands on it.  You can get the app or watch on youtube.  

It's essentially a Jesus story from the perspective of the disciples.  It is not slow, boring, or corney with bad acting.  It is by far the best Bible show I've ever seen, competing hand in hand with the Passion.  We have been moved to tears in about 6 of the 8 episodes.  Season 2 has been fully funded.  

We also have gotten into Hanna on prime.  Season 2 was recently released.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, tdhoosier said:

I finally started Schitt’s Creek. The characters on that show are absolutely hilarious. 

Also, I got a free year of Apple Plus and Ted Lasso is really a great show. Funny and uplifting in a corny but good way. Highly recommend, especially for a board full of sports fans.  

I really liked Schitt’s Creek. It drew me in over the first few seasons. 

On 10/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, tdhoosier said:

I finally started Schitt’s Creek. The characters on that show are absolutely hilarious. 

Also, I got a free year of Apple Plus and Ted Lasso is really a great show. Funny and uplifting in a corny but good way. Highly recommend, especially for a board full of sports fans.  

I've been mixing in Schitts Creek. Is it just me or do the characters yell alot. 

Edited by mrflynn03