TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That 68 IU football team was one of my favorite memories...lot of close games...Harry Gonso, John Isenbarger, Jade Butcher...

Then that damn OJ spoiled it...

I think I have a grudge issue...😉

I just realized that IU was in the 68 Rose Bowl! I’m slow in case you hadn’t noticed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I just realized that IU was in the 68 Rose Bowl! I’m slow in case you hadn’t noticed. 

Before your time, but yes they were...the 67 basketball team also surprisingly won the B10...Joyner, Payne, DeHeer...a great year...

My boyhood heroes...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 7:41 AM, btownqb said:

Yellowstone is worth your time

Absolutely.  Awesome show.  Kevin Costner has had som bombs but can be really great.  

I think you mentioned it before but just finished binging Friday Night Lights last week. Awesome show. Kyle Chandler is a pretty dang good actor.  And Taylor Kitsch.

Because of Taylor Kitsch, aka Tim Riggins, I rewatched WACO on Amazon.  The second time was better than the first. I remember watching the final assualt on the compound in real time on the news. If you haven't watched it you should. 

Also, Paramount has produced both Yellowstone and WACO, so, I will be looking for more from them. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Absolutely.  Awesome show.  Kevin Costner has had som bombs but can be really great.  

I think you mentioned it before but just finished binging Friday Night Lights last week. Awesome show. Kyle Chandler is a pretty dang good actor.  And Taylor Kitsch.

Because of Taylor Kitsch, aka Tim Riggins, I rewatched WACO on Amazon.  The second time was better than the first. I remember watching the final assualt on the compound in real time on the news. If you haven't watched it you should. 

Also, Paramount has produced both Yellowstone and WACO, so, I will be looking for more from them. 

FNL is very, very solid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Loogootee? 

She is from Potomac, Illinois but we live in Loogootee.  I played sports at Washington,Indiana

The football fields and basketball gyms in Illinois are elementary.  

My high school basketball gym and football field at WHS, was like nothing she ever seen before.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 11:37 PM, mrflynn03 said:

My wife loved it.  She never played sports. Her school didnt even have a football team. 

Great football and family show. 

Exact same thing here. My wife has never understood or cared about football, but she would really get invested in the games on the show. Great cast and show. 

We finished the OJ documentary and it was really well done. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just finished the first season of What We Do in the Shadows. It’s a very subtle, but also silly, mockumentary about three fairly inept vampires and their familiar. 

If you’ve ever watched Flight of the Conchords, this is done by Jermaine Clement.

And for that matter, if you haven’t watched Flight of the Conchords, you need to get on that. When my wife and I watched the first epidode of Flight of the Conchords, we had no idea what it was. When Jermaine started singing “The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room” we were sold. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 6:09 PM, Lostin76 said:

We have been watching the Cecil Hotel on Netflix. It’s about a girl that disappears while staying at this infamous hotel in downtown LA. It’s well done and I can’t say much more to avoid spoilers. 

Have not started it yet.  My son's fiance told me I would love it. I have 2 more episodes of Night Stalker to get through first. Watched all of the Very Scary people episodes last week

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

First, let me say, in all my years on this planet, I've only binged or watched a lot of just a few TV shows, mainly sitcoms. I'm not a big fan of fiction overall...I like real life stories and biographies...always have. By 4th grade I had read a biography on every US President and most important US historical figures. My favorite autobiography is "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" written with help by Alex Haley (who also wrote "Roots").

I've been watching "The Men/Machines That Built America" and I've loved every one of them. "Plane Pioneers" (of course!) was my favorite episode. Told the tale of Bill Boeing, Donald Douglas, Henry Ford, and Anthony Fokker and the race to make flying a viable way to travel. It's on The History Channel, and it's fascinating...

"Titans of Television" premiers tonight...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, IU Scott said:

I don't watch many TV shows but my favorite one I watch now is Manifest on NBC.  It is in the middle of season 2 so if you have not seen it you could watcha season and half of that show.

Way behind on this one but it's very good.  I'm watching on Netflix (first two seasons there) but was pleased to see that season three is on YouTube TV.  Pretty gripping stuff thus far.

19 hours ago, IUFLA said:

First, let me say, in all my years on this planet, I've only binged or watched a lot of just a few TV shows, mainly sitcoms. I'm not a big fan of fiction overall...I like real life stories and biographies...always have. By 4th grade I had read a biography on every US President and most important US historical figures. My favorite autobiography is "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" written with help by Alex Haley (who also wrote "Roots").

I've been watching "The Men/Machines That Built America" and I've loved every one of them. "Plane Pioneers" (of course!) was my favorite episode. Told the tale of Bill Boeing, Donald Douglas, Henry Ford, and Anthony Fokker and the race to make flying a viable way to travel. It's on The History Channel, and it's fascinating...

"Titans of Television" premiers tonight...

So some of the coolest things I've learned from watching this series...

The first American "muscle car" was the 1964 Pontiac GTO which was the brainchild of none other than John DeLorean...Ford's answer was the 1964 1/2 Mustang which was developed by Lee Iacocca. As brilliant as both men were, they were also behind the 2 biggest flops in automotive history in the Vega (DeLorean) and the Pinto (Iacocca).

Also, has anyone ever heard of Philo Farnsworth and his connection to Fort Wayne?

Edited by IUFLA

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So some of the coolest things I've learned from watching this series...

The first American "muscle car" was the 1964 Pontiac GTO which was the brainchild of none other than John DeLorean...Ford's answer was the 1964 1/2 Mustang which was developed by Lee Iacocca. As brilliant as both men were, they were also behind the 2 biggest flops in automotive history in the Vega (DeLorean) and the Pinto (Iacocca).

Also, has anyone ever heard of Philo Farnsworth and his connection to Fort Wayne?

Have heard of Philo.  My ex Father-in-Law was a big wig for RCA out of Marion.  Seems like Philo was quite the inventor.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

...ah, the Pinto...not a car you wanted to get rear-ended in!

• Like 1