TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

A couple of new shows I’m into….

- I know I’ve said it before, but Ted Lasso. The second season just started!

- Hacks on HBO/Max is really good. Thought we’d try it on a whim and the show is really well written and funny. 

- Just when I thought I was getting tired of the ‘dark’ murder mysteries we blew through Mare of East Town. It’s been pretty hyped, but lives up to it. 

6 hours ago, rico said:

Meanwhile I have been watching Matlock...

Which brings up the question.  How many more years will we be able to find Andy Griffith reruns on tv?  It will be 60 years and counting soon.  

Which brings up question #2.  Does Aunt Bea get sexier as time goes by?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Which brings up the question.  How many more years will we be able to find Andy Griffith reruns on tv?  It will be 60 years and counting soon.  

I imagine Andy will be a mainstay for years to come.

No to Aunt Bea but Helen Crump does.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

1 hour ago, rico said:

I imagine Andy will be a mainstay for years to come.

No to Aunt Bea but Helen Crump does.

Hey, don't sell Aunt Bee short...If I remember correctly, she had a few "callers."

Roger Hanover

Colonel Harvey

Fred Goss

The Milk and Egg Guy

Henry Wheeler (played by Edgar Buchannan}

And last, but certainly not least, Briscoe Darlin'

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 2:52 PM, rico said:

Have heard of Philo.  My ex Father-in-Law was a big wig for RCA out of Marion.  Seems like Philo was quite the inventor.  

The story of Farnsworth, David Sarnoff (president of RCA and eventually NBC) the 1939 Worlds Fair and the development and debut of television was sad for Farnsworth...very compelling story...

Like @IUFLA i am prefer nonfiction. I like watching medal of honor and war stories on youtube. 

I probably watch too much Food Network. Been binge watching Beat Bobby Flay alot lately.  Cooking, smoking, grilling is an escape from the the world for me and I learn alot. 

@bluegrassIU thats what ive been doing. Lol!

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Like @IUFLA i am prefer nonfiction. I like watching medal of honor and war stories on youtube. 

I probably watch too much Food Network. Been binge watching Beat Bobby Flay alot lately.  Cooking, smoking, grilling is an escape from the the world for me and I learn alot. 

@bluegrassIU thats what ive been doing. Lol!

😁😁😁😁😁👍

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, IUFLA said:

So some of the coolest things I've learned from watching this series...

The first American "muscle car" was the 1964 Pontiac GTO which was the brainchild of none other than John DeLorean...Ford's answer was the 1964 1/2 Mustang which was developed by Lee Iacocca. As brilliant as both men were, they were also behind the 2 biggest flops in automotive history in the Vega (DeLorean) and the Pinto (Iacocca).

Also, has anyone ever heard of Philo Farnsworth and his connection to Fort Wayne?

The house where Farnsworth lived and did much of his work has a commemorative plaque in front of it in FW. I believe he was very connected to the large GE plant that employed thousands in the city.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My favorite character. Second is Walker. 

I'm a big fan of Casey. 

But.. hare to imagine someone being better in John Duttons role than Kevin Costner. I'm a huge fan of his. 

Untouchables is one of my favorites of all time. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm a big fan of Casey. 

But.. hare to imagine someone being better I'm John Duttons role than Kevin Costner. I'm a huge fan of his. 

Untouchables is one of my favorites of all time. 

Agree, and Casey's son. 

Costner has had some bombs, but yeah, this role was made for him. He does well in westerns.  And movies like Tin Cup for example.  I actually liked The Postman. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 2:44 PM, FKIM01 said:

Way behind on this one but it's very good.  I'm watching on Netflix (first two seasons there) but was pleased to see that season three is on YouTube TV.  Pretty gripping stuff thus far.

Also for @IU Scott

Netflix has ordered a season 4 of Manifest.  20 episodes, which should be enough to wrap up the story.  

https://deadline.com/2021/08/manifest-saved-renewed-season-4-netflix-cast-josh-dallas-melissa-roxburgh-return-1234823691/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We watched the Netflix show on the Pacers/Pistons brawl last night. Both really liked it. I had stopped watching the NBA when it happened, so really didn’t pay too much attention to it at the time. They really did a great job showing the pearl-clutching media crying about thugs. 

Interesting to see the whole tape of the incident. 

• Like 1