TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

15 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

About halfway through the last part of Ozark. Has not disappointed 

I just finished watching the second half of the final season last night and thought it was just "pretty good". I loved the first two seasons, but I am in the minority and wasn't as crazy for the last two. I won't post any spoilers, but I felt they spent way too much time with Wendy and her brother/dad and not enough with Marty and the business aspects the third/fourth seasons. I really enjoyed the first season especially with the family interacting with all the locals.

Jason Bateman was phenomenal though, and did a great job of showing the stresses building up in him over time...especially with Wendy undermining him and making his job so much more difficult. The very last scene I did think was really good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Season's 1 and 2 are great for learning the characters and setting the overall storyline.  I hold them in high regard for that.  Season 5 might be the best overall season.    

I’m still pissed at them over the Finale. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

I’m still pissed at them over the Finale. 

I was good with the finale.  At that point, the people that were still watching were so invested, it would have been very difficult to have an ending that satisfied everyone.  For me, it was resolution, which you often don't get.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I was good with the finale.  At that point, the people that were still watching were so invested, it would have been very difficult to have an ending that satisfied everyone.  For me, it was resolution, which you often don't get.  

There was an interview done about 2-3 years before where the creators stated that they….weren’t in the condition they were at the end. And how did the series end? Yep….

Haven’t forgiven them for that one. People criticize GoT or the Sopranos finale….Lost is the equivalent for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

There was an interview done about 2-3 years before where the creators stated that they….weren’t in the condition they were at the end. And how did the series end? Yep….

Haven’t forgiven them for that one. People criticize GoT or the Sopranos finale….Lost is the equivalent for me. 

Either I misinterpreted what the creators said or you misinterpreted the ending.  Wont go into it on here for the sake of Rico and others still watching.  But, I'll drop you an IM when I get home with my take on it.  Could possibly change your opinion a little.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Either I misinterpreted what the creators said or you misinterpreted the ending.  Wont go into it on here for the sake of Rico and others still watching.  But, I'll drop you an IM when I get home with my take on it.  Could possibly change your opinion a little.

At least you seem to remember the same interview, so I know I’m not that crazy. 

Damn you @rico.  You brought it up and I couldn't help myself.  Watched first 3 episodes of Season 2 tonight.  Started there because my daughter and I re-watched Season 1 about a year ago, but we stalled out a couple of episodes into Season 2.  Going to give it another go.  Seen all seasons twice (original air and 1 full rewatch).   Know Season 1 very well, so picking up at Season 2 makes sense.

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2022 at 6:53 AM, 5fouls said:

Season's 1 and 2 are great for learning the characters and setting the overall storyline.  I hold them in high regard for that.  Season 5 might be the best overall season.    

I got into season 2, and for some reason forgot to pick it back up. Wife got me into Supernatural and Bones so she wanted to watch those instead….. definitely need to pick back up Lost.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:16 AM, FritzIam4IU said:

I just finished watching the second half of the final season last night and thought it was just "pretty good". I loved the first two seasons, but I am in the minority and wasn't as crazy for the last two. I won't post any spoilers, but I felt they spent way too much time with Wendy and her brother/dad and not enough with Marty and the business aspects the third/fourth seasons. I really enjoyed the first season especially with the family interacting with all the locals.

Jason Bateman was phenomenal though, and did a great job of showing the stresses building up in him over time...especially with Wendy undermining him and making his job so much more difficult. The very last scene I did think was really good.

Just finished. Great last scene.

No spoiler here, but hated to see certain characters get killed off

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just finished. Great last scene.

No spoiler here, but hated to see certain characters get killed off

Yeah, I had a feeling the one was going to happen when this person didn't listen to Marty in Chicago.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 10:24 PM, 5fouls said:

The Desmond-centric season 4 episode titled 'The Constant' was my favorite of the whole series.

Anyone notice the resurfacing of the Green Mile Guard in Season 5?

I can't seem to link pic since the site is having issues.. But it was the wormy little shit that killed Mr Jangles.