TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That 68 IU football team was one of my favorite memories...lot of close games...Harry Gonso, John Isenbarger, Jade Butcher...

Then that damn OJ spoiled it...

I think I have a grudge issue...😉

I just realized that IU was in the 68 Rose Bowl! I’m slow in case you hadn’t noticed. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all you "Tiger King" watchers, my oldest daughter sent me this today...thought it was funny...  

I highly recommend Mindhunters on Netflix. 

Yellowstone is worth your time

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I just realized that IU was in the 68 Rose Bowl! I’m slow in case you hadn’t noticed. 

Before your time, but yes they were...the 67 basketball team also surprisingly won the B10...Joyner, Payne, DeHeer...a great year...

My boyhood heroes...

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Before your time, but yes they were...the 67 basketball team also surprisingly won the B10...Joyner, Payne, DeHeer...a great year...

My boyhood heroes...

The pull of those days is strong. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 7:41 AM, btownqb said:

Yellowstone is worth your time

Absolutely.  Awesome show.  Kevin Costner has had som bombs but can be really great.  

I think you mentioned it before but just finished binging Friday Night Lights last week. Awesome show. Kyle Chandler is a pretty dang good actor.  And Taylor Kitsch.

Because of Taylor Kitsch, aka Tim Riggins, I rewatched WACO on Amazon.  The second time was better than the first. I remember watching the final assualt on the compound in real time on the news. If you haven't watched it you should. 

Also, Paramount has produced both Yellowstone and WACO, so, I will be looking for more from them. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Absolutely.  Awesome show.  Kevin Costner has had som bombs but can be really great.  

I think you mentioned it before but just finished binging Friday Night Lights last week. Awesome show. Kyle Chandler is a pretty dang good actor.  And Taylor Kitsch.

Because of Taylor Kitsch, aka Tim Riggins, I rewatched WACO on Amazon.  The second time was better than the first. I remember watching the final assualt on the compound in real time on the news. If you haven't watched it you should. 

Also, Paramount has produced both Yellowstone and WACO, so, I will be looking for more from them. 

FNL is very, very solid. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Loogootee? 

She is from Potomac, Illinois but we live in Loogootee.  I played sports at Washington,Indiana

The football fields and basketball gyms in Illinois are elementary.  

My high school basketball gym and football field at WHS, was like nothing she ever seen before.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 11:37 PM, mrflynn03 said:

My wife loved it.  She never played sports. Her school didnt even have a football team. 

Great football and family show. 

Exact same thing here. My wife has never understood or cared about football, but she would really get invested in the games on the show. Great cast and show. 

We finished the OJ documentary and it was really well done. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We just finished the first season of What We Do in the Shadows. It’s a very subtle, but also silly, mockumentary about three fairly inept vampires and their familiar. 

If you’ve ever watched Flight of the Conchords, this is done by Jermaine Clement.

And for that matter, if you haven’t watched Flight of the Conchords, you need to get on that. When my wife and I watched the first epidode of Flight of the Conchords, we had no idea what it was. When Jermaine started singing “The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room” we were sold. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 6:09 PM, Lostin76 said:

We have been watching the Cecil Hotel on Netflix. It’s about a girl that disappears while staying at this infamous hotel in downtown LA. It’s well done and I can’t say much more to avoid spoilers. 

Have not started it yet.  My son's fiance told me I would love it. I have 2 more episodes of Night Stalker to get through first. Watched all of the Very Scary people episodes last week