TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Since Ayden is not in school I am teaching him  US History and part of the curriculum is America The story of US

my wife and I watching lots on Oxygen about serial killer and Innocent Files on Netflix 

When my wife took a history class at VU she had to do a report on the US nuclear program but it had to be something other than Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

So I gave her a book and some info on the Bikini Atoll nuclear testing in the Marshall Islands. Shameful what the US put those people through.

Also interesting, why Hawaiians love spam so much. 

27 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

When my wife took a history class at VU she had to do a report on the US nuclear program but it had to be something other than Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

So I gave her a book and some info on the Bikini Atoll nuclear testing in the Marshall Islands. Shameful what the US put those people through.

Also interesting, why Hawaiians love spam so much. 

Some of the testing pics that show ships getting sucked into the mushroom cloud are unfathomable.  

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Some of the testing pics that show ships getting sucked into the mushroom cloud are unfathomable.  

Yep. The people developing the nuclear program had no idea how devastating what they were doing was.

Thought about getting a history degree and do teaching and coaching but it wasnt for me. My best friend teaches history and coaches football in Clarksville , TN and agrees that I dont have the patience or personality to be a teacher. Which is why I respect those that do. 

Edited by mrflynn03

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yep. The people developing the nuclear program had no idea how devastating what they were doing was.

Thought about getting a history degree and do teaching and coaching but it wasnt for me. My best friend teaches history and coaches football in Clarksville , TN and agrees that I dont have the patience or personality to be a teacher. Which is why I respect those that do. 

I love it but honestly dont miss it 

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

I still maintain my research of history, and it makes me sad that civics and early US history, what we were founded on is not being taught. How many kids today know who Samuel Adams is and the role he played.

Love history too...my favorite book is "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shirer...great book on how Germany and the Nazis evolved from post WW1 and the Treaty of Versailles...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Love history too...my favorite book is "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shirer...great book on how Germany and the Nazis evolved from post WW1 and the Treaty of Versailles...

I have read that book too. Great insight on the Weirmar Republic and why I'm concerned about the trillions we are spending in stimulus because of the Chinese virus.  Us middle class people need it but at what cost?

3 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

I actually finally started watching The Sopranos last week. I'm almost done with S1 and am really digging it so far. Never really had an interest before, but just needed something to watch after Ozark S3 and this is free on HBO streaming now.

In my opinion, the first several seasons of Sopranos is really good, then it starts going downhill somewhat and the ending sucks. Kinda the same thing with Dexter.

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

In my opinion, the first several seasons of Sopranos is really good, then it starts going downhill somewhat and the ending sucks. Kinda the same thing with Dexter.

I do recall hearing that people didn't love the finale. In your opinion when did it start going downhill?

14 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

I do recall hearing that people didn't love the finale. In your opinion when did it start going downhill?

Sopranos will probably always be on my Mount Rushmore of series....but with so many great shows out there my all time list is getting crowded. Just like any series they know when it's time to end. About halfway into Season 6 I knew it was time.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If I remember correctly it was the last two seasons of Sopranos that got sort of meh...the story lines just weren't as interesting. Dexter was good for four seasons.

The show definitely " jumped the shark" the last 2 seasons.  Prior to that it was must watch as good as it gets TV

• Like 3

I'm at a stage in my social distancing that I'm actually confusing/intermingling the plotlines of the many shows I'm watching. Lately I've been confusing Narcos Mexico with Ozark 3 with Better Call Sal.

Is my problem that i watch too much tv or that I have some weird fascination with Mexican drug cartels right now?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm at a stage in my social distancing that I'm actually confusing/intermingling the plotlines of the many shows I'm watching. Lately I've been confusing Narcos Mexico with Ozark 3 with Better Call Sal.

Is my problem that i watch too much tv or that I have some weird fascination with Mexican drug cartels right now?

Same....and I don't know if it's bad sleep, not enough exercise, beer or what but my brain seems like it's in and out of fog mode. By the way....all 3 of those shows are excellent. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

All good shows...I did like the Columbia Narcos better than the Mexican seasons though...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Same....and I don't know if it's bad sleep, not enough exercise, beer or what but my brain seems like it's in and out of fog mode. By the way....all 3 of those shows are excellent. 

I've committed myself to consistent exercise, eating healthy and less alcohol. It's still happening. 

....but damn that alcohol is slowly creeping back in. 

10 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

All good shows...I did like the Columbia Narcos better than the Mexican seasons though...

I too like both, but i'm #teammexico 

• Like 2