Transfer Portal--2020

rico

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Va Tech leading scorer Landers Nolley II is transferring. Wants to find a place he can play wing at. Hmmmmm

Had his name in transfer portal last year when Buzz left, but opted to stay at VT. Wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer to A&M. From Atlanta, so possibly GA? With Edwards leaving, should be a lot of shots available.

Nolley originally committed to Georgia before coming to Virginia Tech and picked the Hokies over offers from Georgia, Illinois, Oklahoma State, Florida State, and Georgetown among others. Landers will have three seasons to play three but will likely have to sit out one season with NCAA transfer rules.

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Had his name in transfer portal last year when Buzz left, but opted to stay at VT. Wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer to A&M. From Atlanta, so possibly GA? With Edwards leaving, should be a lot of shots available.

Nolley originally committed to Georgia before coming to Virginia Tech and picked the Hokies over offers from Georgia, Illinois, Oklahoma State, Florida State, and Georgetown among others. Landers will have three seasons to play three but will likely have to sit out one season with NCAA transfer rules.

Thanks for background. I'm still curious if maybe word is leaking that one time transfers will be approved before next season. Or is that set in stone it won't happen until following year? Tons of really good players out there and list will only grow. 

16 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Looks like Matthew Hurt may transfer from Duke.

Come on Race, help us out here!

Where did you get this info? I don't see it reported anywhere.

If he does leave and wants somewhere closer to home, I like IU's chances.

2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Where did you get this info? I don't see it reported anywhere.

If he does leave and wants somewhere closer to home, I like IU's chances.

Seems to be rumor on Twitter. He changed his Twitter profile, then seemed to have changed it back. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

There is a name I haven’t heard for awhile...did Hurt get injured during the year?

No, he didn't get injured.  I remember hearing on another board that his minutes dropped coming down the stretch.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

No, he didn't get injured.  I remember hearing on another board that his minutes dropped coming down the stretch.  

Duke isnt always the destination some players think it is...or Kentucky for that matter...always a few 5 stars that transfer from there

On ‎03‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 10:31 AM, rico said:

Yes Coach K wasn't getting intensity (especially defensively) from a lot of his freshman. He opted to play upper classman. Hurt honestly did not impress me. He floated around the 3pt line way way too much...didn't look interested AT ALL in mixing it up to grab a board or dive for a lose ball. Defense was pretty bad and didn't battle for rebounds. CHARMIN soft is my definition for him. He thought he would just be a stretch 4 and knock down a bunch of open jumpers and move to the NBA. He is talented offensively there is no question. Wouldn't surprise me to see him transfer but I very much doubt he would go to a B1G school. Too physical a brand of ball imo. I would expect him to go to a more open style of play like out west like Arizona or maybe even try Kentucky since they will probably lose Vanderbilt, Montgomery, and Sestina. In the end this kid very much doesn't want a part of competing for a NC...just wants his ticket to the NBA. If it means sticking it out another year because he could be the focal point of the offense at Duke...he would probably stick it out...but in no way does he strike me as a Coach K player.

Archived