Transfer Portal--2020

rico

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

And DJ Carton makes it official. Leaving Ohio St. No clue where next step is but close to home would be a guess.

Highly touted freshman class not delivering what the Buckeyes expected. Carton leaving. EJ Liddel didn't look like a top 50 player until the last two games. Alonzo Gaffney didn't provide anything and mysteriously disappeared at end of season (from 3/4 article):

The absence of Gaffney, a freshman from Cleveland once ranked as the No. 50 overall recruit in his class, comes with a degree of mystery. Holtmann said the 6-foot-9, 198-pound forward remains a part of the team, but said he was unable to get into specifics about Gaffney why is unable to play.

Holtmann also said he did not know of a timetable for Gaffney's return. Gaffney has not been with the team for the past two games at Nebraska and against Michigan, but Holtmann had previously cited an illness as the reason he was unavailable to play.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And DJ Carton makes it official. Leaving Ohio St. No clue where next step is but close to home would be a guess.

I had a feeling he would find a change of scenery.  Doesn't sound like he enjoyed his time there very much.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Think smaller. Less pressure. Fran and him didn't hit it off. Maybe Ames...but I'm thinking UNI, Depaul, or even Drake. 

Kid was a stud on the court.  If he's not at IU, I don't want him in the Big Ten!

I know...I know...he didn't play great against IU, but I saw him look great in several other games.

Fire Holtman!!! 😂😂😂

Archie stated more than a month ago that he would have two more scholarships to fill in 2020, so we knew someone was leaving early.  Anyone other than Damezi would be a big surprise to me personally.  All you have to do is look at the minutes played.  If Damezi told coach back in January that he was leaving after the end of the semester, the absolute lack of playing time, even less than some walk-ons, makes sense.  I credit Damezi for not bailing at that point and doing the transfer right.  Really liked him and had high hopes, but I can't be mad at him if he thought a change of scenery might help.

Breaking all my rules about speculating who's leaving, but I can't think of one telegraphed more obviously than this one.  Hope he finds a good situation for himself.

Archived