Transfer Portal--2020

rico

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would absolutely love landing Nolley he is by far in my opinion the best non Grad transfer in the market. Watched quite a few games of his this year and he is very talented and has a basketball IQ and plays tough. I wasn't always super impressed with his defense, but for scoring purposes I would definitely take him.

20 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’m sure he’s a lurker :coffee:

I'd bet a few bucks someone within the program checks all social media stuff daily. After watching the UK documentary years ago....they had one full time guy just to follow and see if anything was being said. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd bet a few bucks someone within the program checks all social media stuff daily. After watching the UK documentary years ago....they had one full time guy just to follow and see if anything was being said. 

That'd be a fun job.  Didn't Crean have manager looking at the boards to see what was being said about him?

Turner is a good one. 6'4" guard out of Detroit. Averaged 36-37% from 3 the last three years. Not unexpected, he participated in senior day activities a couple weeks back despite only being a junior eligibility wise. 

If we want to add an experienced guard with good touch from deep, he'd certainly fit the bill.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4067366/justin-turner

4 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Turner is a good one. 6'4" guard out of Detroit. Averaged 36-37% from 3 the last three years. Not unexpected, he participated in senior day activities a couple weeks back despite only being a junior eligibility wise. 

If we want to add an experienced guard with good touch from deep, he'd certainly fit the bill.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4067366/justin-turner

Honestly with the roster we have coming back and what we are adding...be really hard for me to see us adding anyone unless we are losing more than the 1 expected player. Lander isn't trying to reclassify to sit behind another guard and Al and Justin being seniors I don't see them happy sitting.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Honestly with the roster we have coming back and what we are adding...be really hard for me to see us adding anyone unless we are losing more than the 1 expected player. Lander isn't trying to reclassify to sit behind another guard and Al and Justin being seniors I don't see them happy sitting.

I think you're probably right. The fit doesn't seem great for Turner with the number of guys we'll have in the backcourt. A guy like Nolley would interest me a bit more if his shot selection can be fixed. I'm eager to find more consistent offensive versatility on the wing next year. We could put out a top 15 defense but if we constantly have 3 guys on the court that can't shoot outside the paint, our ceiling will be extremely limited even with Lander. 

Archived