Transfer Portal--2020

rico

52 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

I actually think we have a very large need for another big, particularly one that can shoot. I don't know how many are available at this point but it's a big need. That is of course we have an open scholly. It's kind of strange we haven't heard anything about a transfer yet (DA) 

Oh, I agree we need a big that can shoot. I’ve said a few times that the best development for IU would be Race working on a consistent top of the key 3 and TJD developing a consistent 15ft jumper. That changes the entire offense. 

But, if you put yourself in the shoes of a transfer, IU returns almost everyone, including both starting bigs, the top big off the bench (Race), and a hybrid 3/4 in Smith that will be a 3 year starter.

There’s room for a Beilfeldt type guy that didn’t play much at his previous school, but I highly doubt IU would be attractive for someone that averaged double digits and is looking to be guaranteed a lot of minutes. 

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

I actually think we have a very large need for another big, particularly one that can shoot. I don't know how many are available at this point but it's a big need. That is of course we have an open scholly. It's kind of strange we haven't heard anything about a transfer yet (DA) 

I was thinking about DA also. Has he officially entered the Transfer Portal? I haven’t see anywhere that he is transferring!

5 hours ago, Bob said:

I was thinking about DA also. Has he officially entered the Transfer Portal? I haven’t see anywhere that he is transferring!

So if DA, or anyone for that matter, doesnt transfer do we have room for Lander to reclassify?

28 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

What is the cut off date transfers have to put their name in the portal?

I’m not sure but if they have plenty of time...I mean normally the NCAA would just be finishing up. It just feels like a long time since the end of the season because it got cut off. I know last year the brothers Hausers from Marquette transfered after the ball hog Howard withdrew his name from the draft so that is pretty far down the road.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

For your reading enjoyment. Can't wait for when kids dont have to sit a year. The numbers will be in the 1000's.

That's good that the grad transfers are tan.  With no school and all more time to be out in the sun.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can enter the transfer portal whenever you want. 

You can and players do. Most come at logical points of time like between the end of the season through the end of the spring semester or at the end of the fall semester (in season) but they can technically leave at any time.

I would say it will be primarily slowed to a trickle once we get the draft out of the way. Rosters should shake out after that once kids see who stays and who goes. I think with this weird corona year it will be a lot more crazy and kids trying to finish their semesters with the remote learning. Also hard for kids to visit other schools right now too so if I was a kid I might just stick in place for another year unless I’m super upset.

No surprise KBJ sticking with Kentucky. Here’s a quote from his dad from a 247 article yesterday. Funny, I remember a different explanation for why he chose UK 10 months ago...

Oh and for the record:

TJD: 13.5. Ppg/8.4 RPG/1.2 APG

KBJ: 4.5/3.2/0.2

yea it looks like “being comfortable” really hindered Trayce’s performance 🙄

1DDED4D1-B5F3-420D-8DBF-22D3FBBEB039.jpeg

8 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

No surprise KBJ sticking with Kentucky. Here’s a quote from his dad from a 247 article yesterday. Funny, I remember a different explanation for why he chose UK 10 months ago...

Oh and for the record:

Hid Dad needs to stop talking eventually. Surprised they didn't use Snow to do this. Guess we'll see in a year from now if the whole process was the right call. 

The spin room is open. Sounds like denial. Maybe it works out exactly as he sees it. Or maybe his dad will be less than thrilled when he finds out next season the returning players, if any come back, along with the grad transfers being lined up right now, and the newest batch of recruits (all expecting to be one and done) get a lot of those minutes he thinks Keion will get.

11 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

Oh and for the record:

I’m surprised he stayed at Kentucky since I’m pretty sure they all thought he was going to be a OAD and other than Juzang, he had the least amount of playing time (which is pretty alarming considering they had like only 8 scholarship players by the end of the season). 

I could see a sophomore jump but could even more easily see him riding the bench more with Cal landing two future NBA lottery picks/wings in BJ Boston and Terrence Clark. 

Archived