Transfer Portal--2020

rico

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Michigan loses another..

"Rising junior forward Colin Castleton will enter the transfer portal."

Watched him a couple of times in the sparse action he did get last year, and could never figure why he wasn't getting more minutes...

6'11" provided energy and seemed to be a decent rim presence...

Can't tell if this is just normal 1st year coach transfers or scholarship number problems. Seems odd only because of the players leaving.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't tell if our name is in here to drum up interest or what. With who we have coming back, coming in....I guess this just seems a bit confusing to me. 

I hear you...where would his minutes come from?

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I hear you...where would his minutes come from?

No clue. Our recruiting is very strong and I'm not going to criticize any decisions on that front. This one just puzzles me a bit is all. He's not going to play in front of Rob or Armaan or Al...or Anthony or Trey for that matter.  Not to mention  when Lander reclassification becomes official. Just seems weird.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't know anything about him, and wouldn't be very excited, but when i see Gonzaga and Arizona in there it makes it interesting.  14.4ppg and 2nd team in his conference.  okay i guess?

Looked at his stats.  41% fg...less 70% ft... 30% 3pt

6'4"  200 lbs

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't tell if our name is in here to drum up interest or what. With who we have coming back, coming in....I guess this just seems a bit confusing to me. 

He has an offer or IU wouldn’t have made the cut. It’s not just to drum up interest because the guy has plenty of options he could choose.

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Michigan loses another..

"Rising junior forward Colin Castleton will enter the transfer portal."

Watched him a couple of times in the sparse action he did get last year, and could never figure why he wasn't getting more minutes...

6'11" provided energy and seemed to be a decent rim presence...

Wow I thought he would be starting at the 5 for them this year and without him they won't have much depth up front.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw him play a couple fo games last yea and he was a very good player.  Also remember when we recruited his father who was a 6'6 power forward who went to St. Johns

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue. Our recruiting is very strong and I'm not going to criticize any decisions on that front. This one just puzzles me a bit is all. He's not going to play in front of Rob or Armaan or Al...or Anthony or Trey for that matter.  Not to mention  when Lander reclassification becomes official. Just seems weird.

He really is not a guard but a short inside player

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Katz just ranked them 8th in his early 36. Looks like they will be ok.

Don't know what he is smoking and I don't think UM will even finish in the top 5 or 6 of the big ten.  If Livers stays in the draft that will mean they will lose him, Simpson, Tesche, Julius and now Castleton.  I have no idea how Katz thinks that UM will be the 8th best team in the conference. Here is my way to early prediction of the big ten standing for next year based on everyone staying in the draft and Ayo going from UI.

1) Iowa

2) UW

3) IU- as long as TJD stays and Landers reclassifies

4) MSU

5) Rutgers

6) Purdue

7) UM

8) OSU

9) Maryland

10) NW

11) UI

12) PSU

13) Neb

14) Minnesota

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe this is just a backup plan in case Lander is unable to reclassify. 

Archived