Transfer Portal--2020

rico

13 minutes ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

Hearing (via twitter) an IU player is entering portal soon. IndianaHQ is the account claiming this news.

Very curious who it will be. Would think it would be Anderson even though reports have come out that he’s committed, but also have heard Smith could be a potential for a grad transfer. I’ve heard Al could do the grad transfer thing, but it’s all rumors on these fronts.

Will be very interesting........

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Very curious who it will be. Would think it would be Anderson even though reports have come out that he’s committed, but also have heard Smith could be a potential for a grad transfer. I’ve heard Al could do the grad transfer thing, but it’s all rumors on these fronts.

Will be very interesting........

I would have to think it is Damezi. We have so many players at that 2/3 spot - I just don't see much opportunity for him to earn minutes. He is a good kid - should go somewhere he can get his confidence going.

2 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Not seeing it on Twitter, but not surprised by this. Hate to see him transferring, but probably best for him to get a fresh start and reset.

Kevin Brockway posted the news and then quickly deleted it - I think the news is imminent and he may have tweeted it prematurely. 

20 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

If Anderson has decided to transfer perhaps his decision is related to a commitment announcement that's hinted at in a different thread and he sees no opportunity for a larger role than he had this year.  Just thinkin' out loud.

I don’t think a Kaufman commitment would have caused him to transfer. There is likely a different cause.

28 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Not seeing it on Twitter, but not surprised by this. Hate to see him transferring, but probably best for him to get a fresh start and reset.

Agreed. I was just getting excited about having him return with a renewed focus but I completely understand him going somewhere where he can play like he did early in the season.

8 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Would a Kaufman commitment cause another 3/4 to transfer tho? 🤔🤷‍♂️

We only have two on the team...one will graduate before Kaufman gets here...the other is about to either possibly start next year or have a significant role...not sure why he would?

I was pretty rock-solid Damezi was probably leaving before his coach said he was committed to sticking it out.  Any of these guys leaving now would be a disappointment in my mind.  I see zero reason Al or Justin would leave as they'll both get significant minutes on a much improved team.

Well, I really like Damezi and wish him the best.  Seems to be a great young man and my wish for him is that he finds his stroke and succeeds at a high level.  Now I also hope he goes to Notre Dame and takes the scholarship they were holding for Wesley.

A man can dream, right?

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

We only have two on the team...one will graduate before Kaufman gets here...the other is about to either possibly start next year or have a significant role...not sure why he would?

@DC2345 and @dgambill please refrain from pointing out the obvious during these difficult times.  Not all of us are fluent in math. 🤣🤦‍♂️

My bad guys!

Archived