Transfer Portal--2020

rico

2 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

This includes his Instagram post if you want to see what he said about it.  He went out with class and grace as I would have expected.  Definitely a dude everyone should be rooting for wherever he ends up.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-damezi-anderson-is-in-the-transfer-portal/

Good kid, sucks it did not work out here for him.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

This includes his Instagram post if you want to see what he said about it.  He went out with class and grace as I would have expected.  Definitely a dude everyone should be rooting for wherever he ends up.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-damezi-anderson-is-in-the-transfer-portal/

I was really pulling for him, but this is probably the right move. I was hoping it would all click for him, and while he had moments this past season, the game never really seemed to slow down for him at this level, especially offensively. I could see him having a really productive career, playing a lot of minutes, at a mid-major school, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Will definitely be rooting for him wherever he lands. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Two year grad transfer big? 

Well unless Trayce decides to stick around for a couple more years...I almost start to foam at the mouth imagining a Junior Trayce with senior Thompson along with all the wings and guards we are possibly going to have!

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Will be cheering for this kid wherever he lands. Sometimes things just don't click or hit. Wish the kid well.

I am really disappointed about this.  Yes I know there is a chance for him to return.  But, I doubt it.

Also... have to wonder what role,  if any, Coach Miller played in this decision.  Remembering a kid from Crown Point.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Well with DA leaving it makes it looks worse that we did get Aaron Henry.  Also wondering since it did not work here for DA that it would have a negative impact on Wesley

That second thought definitely crossed my mind.  How you feeling today, man?

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am really disappointed about this.  Yes I know there is a chance for him to return.  But, I doubt it.

Also... have to wonder what role,  if any, Coach Miller played in this decision.  Remembering a kid from Crown Point.

If IU adds a player for 2020 beyond Lander, that's a fair question.  As it stands now, beyond probably being straight with Damezi and telling him that unless things changed a lot over the summer, he probably wouldn't get many minutes next season, I doubt he was shoved out.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If IU adds a player for 2020 beyond Lander, that's a fair question.  As it stands now, beyond probably being straight with Damezi and telling him that unless things changed a lot over the summer, he probably wouldn't get many minutes next season, I doubt he was shoved out.

Oh. I wasn't criticizing Coach Miller.  I appreciate his being frank with a player.  Something that after a while, Coach Crean seemed to lack.

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Two year grad transfer big? 

I wouldn’t mind, but I think a one year grad transfer is more likely. I say that because I believe CAM is wanting to add one, if not two more players to that 21 class. If the right circumstance presented itself, then absolutely. 

34 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, I really like Damezi and wish him the best.  Seems to be a great young man and my wish for him is that he finds his stroke and succeeds at a high level.  Now I also hope he goes to Notre Dame and takes the scholarship they were holding for Wesley.

A man can dream, right?

I want him in Evansville! The Aces really need players! The transfer gates have been flooded down here.....

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

None.  I have heard from multiple folks that IU tried to convince him to stay.  Even today.

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:

None.  I have heard from multiple folks that IU tried to convince him to stay.  Even today.

I would think that would be positive for the staff.  They didn't throw him out because he wasn't producing, they asked him to stay because they thought they could get him producing.

Cannot fault a kid for leaving on good terms when things just were not working for him.  Sometimes a change of scenery is needed, not because anybody did anything wrong, but because circumstances did not allow for things to work out.

I would think even with Lander coming this year we are done for this year. I think Archie will hold onto the scholarship for the 21 class unless there is a grad transfer out there.

I would actually like to see a regular transfer who has to sit out for a year and who has multiple years left.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would think even with Lander coming this year we are done for this year. I think Archie will hold onto the scholarship for the 21 class unless there is a grad transfer out there.

I would actually like to see a regular transfer who has to sit out for a year and who has multiple years left.

Agree. In terms of numbers, the roster is in the perfect spot to bring in a true transfer who has to sit a year, or maybe even better have a kid reclass in the way Race Thompson did (reclass but come in and redshirt that first year).

Sorry if this has already been brought up. Fortunately I am still working during the virus, and havent had the time i would like to peruse through the threads

Thoughts on if DA was kinda pushed out the door for another potential recruit. I just think the timing of DA transferring is slightly odd. Maybe it's just because of all of the recruiting buzz today. I could be wrong

DA seemed like a good kid, but couldn't put enough together to see the floor. 

I was encouraged that he was staying after what his high school coach said last week...but regardless, I wish Damezi well wherever he lands...I'd love to see him go to a place where he could get some playing time and confidence...show em what you've got, Damezi...

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was encouraged that he was staying after what his high school coach said last week...but regardless, I wish Damezi well wherever he lands...I'd love to see him go to a place where he could get some playing time and confidence...show em what you've got, Damezi...

Wonder if Notre Dame will be in contention..could be a possible Anderson/Wesley combo

Archived