Transfer Portal--2020

rico

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Does not make much sense for Eastern to leave since he has to sit out a year.  Don't see many juniors who is not a grad transfer decide to transfer so to me there is a problem.  Maybe Painter is tired of Eastern's act and his mother.

It’s a virtual certainty that they are going to eliminate the one year sit requirement 

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

They won't this year. They said it's a bad time for that.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not for this season and saw on ESPN that said he will probably have to sit out the year.

Oh missed that. Last I had heard it was going to be a done deal.  

He can still apply for a waiver. They seem to grant them for just about anything now 

I don't understand why the consensus on the Purdue board is that he's going to the MAC or some other non-Power 5 conference. That makes no sense.

He was a starter on a B10 team. He's a great defender. 

He's going to go to a lesser conference so he can fool himself into thinking that the probable increase in offensive production makes Porkchop wrong about those skills?

I can't see that...

I'm betting on a Chicagoland school...

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't understand why the consensus on the Purdue board is that he's going to the MAC or some other non-Power 5 conference. That makes no sense.

He's going to go to a lesser conference so he can fool himself into thinking that the probable increase in offensive production makes Porkchop wrong about those skills?

I can't see that...

Maybe he will follow Demezi to Loyola Chicago

Sitting out a year should remain a requirement if you are not a grad transfer. I know uk fans feel their recent transfer from Wake should be eligible immediately, even though he is not a grad transfer. They expect a waiver from the NCAA.

If the NCAA allows that you may as well fold the whole thing. When it finally turns into teams missing out on their preferred grad transfers and reclass options, they will just take the best players from other rosters. You can scrap all the mid-majors because they would just be holding spots until a power five conference team is in need after failing on their other options.

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I can't see that...

To you and I it doesn’t make sense why he’d leave but to his mom it does. He was a starter and is a great defender. But he was never going to be THE guy and I’m guessing he transfers somewhere where that can happen. His mom thinks he needs to be showcased more to be able to prove he’s worthy of the NBA. 

9 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Sitting out a year should remain a requirement if you are not a grad transfer. I know uk fans feel their recent transfer from Wake should be eligible immediately, even though he is not a grad transfer. They expect a waiver from the NCAA.

If the NCAA allows that you may as well fold the whole thing. When it finally turns into teams missing out on their preferred grad transfers and reclass options, they will just take the best players from other rosters. You can scrap all the mid-majors because they would just be holding spots until a power five conference team is in need after failing on their other options.

I think if a coach gets fired then I think a player should be able to transfer without sitting out

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

To you and I it doesn’t make sense why he’d leave but to his mom it does. He was a starter and is a great defender. But he was never going to be THE guy and I’m guessing he transfers somewhere where that can happen. His mom thinks he needs to be showcased more to be able to prove he’s worthy of the NBA. 

I was kinda giving both the benefit of the doubt, but they can't be that delusional, can they?

He's never going to be "the guy" on offense, anywhere...not even at a MAC school...

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was kinda giving both the benefit of the doubt, but they can't be that delusional, can they?

He's never going to be "the guy" on offense, anywhere...not even at a MAC school...

Oh they absolutely can be. If you’d like some laughter, go look at some of his mom’s posts on our free board haha. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh they absolutely can be. If you’d like some laughter, go look at some of his mom’s posts on our free board haha. 

I've seen her act...kinda torn between understanding it would be hard to stand by and watch people criticize your child, and understanding most of the of the idiots that take it to the extreme are, well...idiots.

She does go over the top though...

If Eastern (and Smith for that matter) can develop a reliable 3-ball, he certainly have a chance to make the NBA ( 3 & D).  They both would be able to play overseas or in the G league.  But that's a big "if".  I don't know where he could go that would be a better fit than Purdue.

3 minutes ago, slojoe said:

If Eastern (and Smith for that matter) can develop a reliable 3-ball, he certainly have a chance to make the NBA ( 3 & D).  They both would be able to play overseas or in the G league.  But that's a big "if".  I don't know where he could go that would be a better fit than Purdue.

Chicago State

• Season Record

• Overall 4-25
    • PCT .138
    • Conf 0-14
    • PCT .000
    • Streak L19

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He will be a better NBA Player than Romeo was one of her comments I believe.

Sounds like Painter was blindsided by Eastern....at least the little bit I heard on Dakich. Certainly heard some frustration but as always Painter handles his business like a pro. Seemed to imply some bad advice going on. I like Painter. Not sure if he's worthy of some of the recent notoriety he's received but that's a different subject. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Painter was blindsided by Eastern....at least the little bit I heard on Dakich. Certainly heard some frustration but as always Painter handles his business like a pro. Seemed to imply some bad advice going on. I like Painter. Not sure if he's worthy of some of the recent notoriety he's received but that's a different subject. 

Some people are giving him a hard time for saying what he did but I’m glad he was brutally honest today. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Some people are giving him a hard time for saying what he did but I’m glad he was brutally honest today. 

Don't have a problem with honesty....as long as most Purdue fans don't have a problem with the struggle that is coming next year. Losing those 2 players is similar (not the same because of other recruits) to Underwood at Illinois if he loses both Ayo and Kofi. You can't lose experience guys and expect a top 100 recruit as a freshman just to walk into Big 10 road schedule and get wins....let alone at home vs upper tier. 

Might be a bumpy ride for Painter/Purdue over next 24 months.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't have a problem with honesty....as long as most Purdue fans don't have a problem with the struggle that is coming next year. Losing those 2 players is similar (not the same because of other recruits) to Underwood at Illinois if he loses both Ayo and Kofi. You can't lose experience guys and expect a top 100 recruit as a freshman just to walk into Big 10 road schedule and get wins....let alone at home vs upper tier. 

Might be a bumpy ride for Painter/Purdue over next 24 months.

No doubt. I think next year we’re likely a bubble team as our ceiling but with real potential the year after to be very legit. Not expected to lose anyone to graduation and Furst could very possibly start as a freshman. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No doubt. I think next year we’re likely a bubble team as our ceiling but with real potential the year after to be very legit. Not expected to lose anyone to graduation and Furst could very possibly start as a freshman. 

Furst will almost certainly start as a freshman.  

I honor of Stlouisboiler23, here is Painter on Dakich today - https://www.1075thefan.com/show/dan-dakich-show/

I got to admit, this is good stuff. CMP rips on his transfers and lays down the facts on spoiled kids, delusional parents and false expectations. I got a big kick out of. Just gained more respect for Painter. This is a good listen and this old Hoosier highly recommends.

Archived