Transfer Portal--2020

rico

3 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

I honor of Stlouisboiler23, here is Painter on Dakich today - https://www.1075thefan.com/show/dan-dakich-show/

I got to admit, this is good stuff. CMP rips on his transfer and lays down the facts on spoiled kids, delusional parents and false expectations. I got a big kick out of. Just gained more respect for Painter. This is a good listen and this old Hoosier highly recommends.

Unfortunately, it looks like it might be a sign of the times......

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting addition Mac McClung...known mostly for his in air acrobatics...in high school had a viral video basically because he’s a shorter white guy who can jump out of the gym...overall a good player though. Averaged 15 at Georgetown last year I believe.

30 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

I honor of Stlouisboiler23, here is Painter on Dakich today - https://www.1075thefan.com/show/dan-dakich-show/

I got to admit, this is good stuff. CMP rips on his transfers and lays down the facts on spoiled kids, delusional parents and false expectations. I got a big kick out of. Just gained more respect for Painter. This is a good listen and this old Hoosier highly recommends.

That was such a good listen. 

247 in a tweet said “Purdue coach Matt Painter went on a major rant” which I laughed at. It was a conversation he had where he was candid. Would hardly call that a “major rant.”

15 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Yes this is a coach i would want my kid to play for..

Painter is getting some good for him tweets today...but anyone who pays more than 5 seconds of attention to recruiting knows he might have just signed his death notice. Bruce Weber style. Besides Furst....what people will want to watch moving forward in 22 classes and beyond is what he lands. Most kids who have pro aspirations will stay away. Right or wrong....kids will choose a place who knows how to get them to the professional level. Painter has always been spotty at best in that regard.

Going to run a test here. Last time I hit submit reply Boiler responded in 5 seconds. I'll give this one 10. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That was such a good listen. 

247 in a tweet said “Purdue coach Matt Painter went on a major rant” which I laughed at. It was a conversation he had where he was candid. Would hardly call that a “major rant.”

It was a rant for him. He got caught with his pants down not once but twice inside of 45 days. He had to scramble to get a different message out there which is why DD gave him the platform so quickly. PS.....Painter hates media interviews. The fact that he scheduled one so quickly tells me he understands what he's up against.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It was a rant for him. He got caught with his pants down not once but twice inside of 45 days. He had to scramble to get a different message out there which is why DD gave him the platform so quickly. PS.....Painter hates media interviews. The fact that he scheduled one so quickly tells me he understands what he's up against.

Since when does Painter hate media interviews?

45 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

I got to admit, this is good stuff. CMP rips on his transfers and lays down the facts on spoiled kids, delusional parents and false expectations. I got a big kick out of. Just gained more respect for Painter. This is a good listen and this old Hoosier highly recommends.

Kind of hypocritical of him since he has had no problem taking transfers from other teams. It's okay for players to transfer to his program but not to transfer out?

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Since when does Painter hate media interviews?

4-5 weeks ago on JMV he said as much.  He said he absolutely hates doing "these" types of things. Would rather talk anything but the normal/standard answer or interviews. Pretty well known actually. Only time he got excited during that interview was when he discussed his love for the Cubs. Otherwise...not his cup of tea. Kind of surprised you didn't know. 

7 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Kind of hypocritical of him since he has had no problem taking transfers from other teams. It's okay for players to transfer to his program but not to transfer out?

Did you listen to the interview? He gave an example of a player transferring from Purdue where it made sense. Jacquil Taylor a few years back. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Did you listen to the interview? He gave an example of a player transferring from Purdue where it made sense. Jacquil Taylor a few years back. 

No, but I read a bunch of quotes. They come off as sour grapes.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

4-5 weeks ago on JMV he said as much.  He said he absolutely hates doing "these" types of things. Would rather talk anything but the normal/standard answer or interviews. Pretty well known actually. Only time he got excited during that interview was when he discussed his love for the Cubs. Otherwise...not his cup of tea. Kind of surprised you didn't know. 

I guess I was thinking more of him doing interviews with Dakich. Seems like he usually seems to enjoy those. 

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I guess I was thinking more of him doing interviews with Dakich. Seems like he usually seems to enjoy those. 

I heard is interview with JMV as well and he said he hated doing interviews about basketball.  He said it is usually just your generic questions and answers so he gets bored with them.

2 hours ago, Wayward1 said:

Is it fair to hate Purdue, and their teams, while begrudgingly admitting I have mad respect for Matt Painter?

2 hours ago, Wayward1 said:

Did Painter say i'm not a good enough coach to make kids better. If, not he should have.

6 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Mac McClung is leaving Georgetown.

I thought it was really odd when he went there.  Ewing just seemed like an odd choice for a guard wanting to develop his skills for the next level.

This kid is a real player...don't think there's any room at IU, but man, is he good.

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I thought it was really odd when he went there.  Ewing just seemed like an odd choice for a guard wanting to develop his skills for the next level.

This kid is a real player...don't think there's any room at IU, but man, is he good.

have they released a list of likely destinations for him yet?

Archived