Transfer Portal--2020

rico

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Surprised Nojel is going to Michigan.  Good for him he's making a nice step up in programs though.

Just very surprised a school like Michigan would want him.

Pretty obvious there was tampering going on. And a “nice step up?” Lol. Juwan is desperate. 

1. Surprised Michigan wants him.
  2. Surprised Nojel thinks Howard can develop him better than Painter.
  3. Nojel is not good enough to risk a tampering charge.
  4. Just a dumb move for both parties, IMO.
  5. Can't wait to hear the fan reaction first time he comes into a game at Mackey.
  6. Looking forward to reading mama defending her NBA prospect on the Michigan forums.

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:
  5. Can't wait to hear the fan reaction first time he comes into a game at Mackey.
  6. Looking forward to reading mama defending her NBA prospect on the Michigan forums.

Oh he’s going to get roasted when he comes back to Mackey. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Purdue has no size. 

They have size it’s just mostly unproven. You’ve got Williams at 6’9, Wheeler at 6’9 if he can get his mojo back, Gillis is 6’6/6’7, and then Edey at 7’3 but he’ll redshirt. The biggest issue will be who gets minutes when Williams is on the bench. It’ll either be Dowuona or Edey. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They have size it’s just mostly unproven. You’ve got Williams at 6’9, Wheeler at 6’9 if he can get his mojo back, Gillis is 6’6/6’7, and then Edey at 7’3 but he’ll redshirt. The biggest issue will be who gets minutes when Williams is on the bench. It’ll either be Dowuona or Edey. 

Smh. Wheeler can't guard a 4. No size.  Idk how you could argue otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Smh. Wheeler can't guard a 4. No size.  Idk how you could argue otherwise. 

I think his upside is greater than Boudreaux’s and Evan was decent last year. This year our defense will take a step back but I think the offense can help make up the difference hopefully. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think his upside is greater than Boudreaux’s and Evan was decent last year. This year our defense will take a step back but I think the offense can help make up the difference hopefully. 

Gillis, Williams.. is it man. You have scholarships open yeah?... have to go find a 6'8+ kid. 

Of course Wheelers upside is greater than EB.. that doesnt have anything to do with him not being able to guard a 4. Could imagine him guarding TJD? 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Gillis, Williams.. is it man. You have scholarships open yeah?... have to go find a 6'8+ kid. 

Of course Wheelers upside is greater than EB.. that doesnt have anything to do with him not being able to guard a 4. Could imagine him guarding TJD? 

Yeah we have two open now for just one year  because the two of them left so it’d have to be a grad transfer. I’m assuming it’s slim pickings in terms of guys out there that are 6’8 and are good enough to play don’t you think? Just getting a guy who isn’t good enough to play isn’t going to help. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah we have two open now for just one year  because the two of them left so it’d have to be a grad transfer. I’m assuming it’s slim pickings in terms of guys out there that are 6’8 and are good enough to play don’t you think? Just getting a guy who isn’t good enough to play isn’t going to help. 

I would be petrified with that front line in the B1G if I were Painter. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would be petrified with that front line in the B1G if I were Painter. 

I mean he was left in a pretty crappy spot when Haarms left. It sucks because you have two scholarships but it can only be a grad transfer. Taking someone who has to redshirt would hurt our 2021 class which as of now only has 1 more available scholarship. Our front line doesn’t look good right now but we’ll see what happens. I think our backcourt will be solid. 

Little late to the party as I've been edging all day before rainapalooza hit. Now we know more why Painter took to the airwaves so quickly. He probably knew yesterday where NE was headed. Not a good look on three counts....again Purdue losing another guy who played valuable time/minutes on their most successful team in last 40 years. Second that NE thinks Juwan can develop him more and finally.....Juwan obviously tampered which means he has zero respect for Purdue/Painter. 

In terms of on court next year. I'll echo what I said 24 hours ago. See Purdue in 24 months minimally.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You know he wanted to stay in the Big Ten after Painter ran his mouth so he can hang 30 on them.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

You know he wanted to stay in the Big Ten after Painter ran his mouth so he can hang 30 on them.

Do you think he would get 15 layups on PU defense?  Actually, 25 to 30 layups because he would miss half of them.  

Archived