Transfer Portal--2020

rico

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

6'4, 208 forward in B1G won't cut it

I remember his dad playing for St. Johns and he was aa 6'6 PF and IU actually recruited him as well.  The one game I watched SF play was against Gonzaga and Midland played really well.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I remember his dad playing for St. Johns and he was aa 6'6 PF and IU actually recruited him as well.  The one game I watched SF play was against Gonzaga and Midland played really well.

Thanks Scott. Haven’t seen him play. Just on surface doesn’t seem to fill a need. 

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Wonder what’s going on at OSU?  Strange.

Over promised under delivered?? I’m not going to say Holtman is a bad coach but wondering if he is swimming in deeper waters than he is comfortable. Archie has served at large power conferences recruiting etc before making it here on his own. Some coaches work well with the mid major kids...might just not be a match. Holt man was left a program at its peak at Butler and came into a great situation at OSU. We will see if he can swim with sharks. He is coaching a whole different type of kid right now.

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

6'4, 208 forward in B1G won't cut it

I think Archie is just looking to bridge the gap from now til when this 2020 and 2021 classes are ready to take over. That said I’m not sure there are too many transfers that can come into this roster and take away major minutes next year. Sometimes it’s just feelers to see if they want to take advantage of a smaller role and an education.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Wonder what’s going on at OSU?  Strange.

Seems like Marshall and Holtmann are trying to go neck and neck with turnover numbers this year. Does seem odd. I get it in year 1 maybe 2...but after 3 you've started to establish things. We all know we are in different times so I expect at least 1 each year but 4-5 means something else is up.

Louisville landed arguably the top graduate transfer currently available when Radford guard Carlik Jones announced Sunday night that he will spend his final season of college as a Cardinal.

“I am headed to Louisville,” Jones told 247Sports. “It came down to my relationship with Coach Mack and the fact that I think he is a winner and a great coach. I think I will fit in really well with what they are doing there, and it gives me a chance to prove myself at the highest level, and show what I can do.”

The 2019-20 Big South Player of the Year, Jones averaged 20.0 points, 5.1 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game for a Radford squad that went 21-11 and shared the Big South regular season title.

1 hour ago, DunkinDipo said:

It would be nice if we could get a solid contributor from the grad transfer market like Louisville seems to do every year now. 

Big difference this year is that, assuming Nwora declares for the draft if he hasn't already, Louisville is losing their top 5 minutes per game guys, as well as 5 of their top 8 scorers There's a ton of opportunity there. 

As for IU, as of now we're only losing one player that played double digit minutes per game. There's just not a ton of opportunity for a graduate transfer. 

59 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm starting to wonder if a certain player expected to transfer from IU is rethinking that decision.  I would have thought we'd heard something by now.

I’ve had the same thought.  It’s not too late, but if someone had made that decision, I don’t know why you would wait. There are probably as many transfers as normal, but my perception could be off.  

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Another one that doesn't make sense....but maybe it's just a first year coach weeding out some guys.

Was just about to say this. Surely, DeJulius was in line to start at the point next year. No PG coming in for them and he's from Detroit. That one is as surprising as Haarms for me.

1 hour ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Was just about to say this. Surely, DeJulius was in line to start at the point next year. No PG coming in for them and he's from Detroit. That one is as surprising as Haarms for me.

The guard they have coming in will be a pg candidate. He’s only 6’2 I believe and listed as a combo guard but he’ll likely play the point some.

6 hours ago, BGleas said:

Big difference this year is that, assuming Nwora declares for the draft if he hasn't already, Louisville is losing their top 5 minutes per game guys, as well as 5 of their top 8 scorers There's a ton of opportunity there. 

As for IU, as of now we're only losing one player that played double digit minutes per game. There's just not a ton of opportunity for a graduate transfer. 

I actually think we have a very large need for another big, particularly one that can shoot. I don't know how many are available at this point but it's a big need. That is of course we have an open scholly. It's kind of strange we haven't heard anything about a transfer yet (DA) 

Archived