Transfer Portal--2020

rico

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Indykev said:

Going out in style....lol. I wonder who will call after this tweet.

Really strange, he had just said this in an interview. 3 star recruit who averaged 1 pt & 1 reb.

How has the UNC staff helped you with this decision?

Coach Williams hasn't had very many transfers in his career. I commend him for being so understanding through all of this. There’s no hard feelings between me, my family, and the coaches. He (Williams) is trying to help me the best he can. As soon as I came to him with the thought - I was just asking him questions and talking to him about what he had in mind for me. That helped a lot and I thank him for it. He wants me in a place where I feel comfortable. I wish him and the guys the best moving forward. I know (this past year) was a rough year. I’m looking forward to seeing them make it right and what this new class will do moving forward. It’s a big class with a lot of guys. I’m thankful to the coaches and staff for the opportunities they gave me. No hard feelings at all.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Brandon-Huffman-North-Carolina-Tar-Heels-Basketball-NCAA-Transfer-Portal-Interview-145889384/

17 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Really strange, he had just said this in an interview. 3 star recruit who averaged 1 pt & 1 reb.

Coach Williams hasn't had very many transfers in his career. I commend him for being so understanding through all of this. There’s no hard feelings between me, my family, and the coaches. He (Williams) is trying to help me the best he can. As soon as I came to him with the thought - I was just asking him questions and talking to him about what he had in mind for me. That helped a lot and I thank him for it. He wants me in a place where I feel comfortable. I wish him and the guys the best moving forward. I know (this past year) was a rough year. I’m looking forward to seeing them make it right and what this new class will do moving forward. It’s a big class with a lot of guys. I’m thankful to the coaches and staff for the opportunities they gave me. No hard feelings at all.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Brandon-Huffman-North-Carolina-Tar-Heels-Basketball-NCAA-Transfer-Portal-Interview-145889384/

Y'all need to look at that tweet closer. The Brandon Huffman that sent that tweet is not the basketball player from UNC.  He was making a joke.   Lol  

Not sure if Archie has interest in him now but we recruited Huffman and he had an offer from us.

Go Hoosiers!!!

13 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You might consider also adding senior contributors to make a complete picture 

Here’s a list I came up with. Criteria was a senior that played 20 minutes a game. Didn’t do Minny, Northwestern or Nebraska. 

Maryland

Cowan

Michigan State
Langford*
Winston

Wisconsin
Pritzl

Illinois
Andres Feliz 

Ohio state
Wesson

Penn State
Stevens
Watkins

Iowa
Bohannon - Because the shortened season technically not eligible for red shirt. 

Michigan
Teske

Indiana 
Green

Rutgers
None

Purdue
Proctor

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As good as it is for IU if a lot of these kids stay in the draft as a college basketball fan I hate to see guys like this leave.

I am sure Garza will be thinking about you as he looks at that ten digit number in his bank account!

1 minute ago, rico said:

I am sure Garza will be thinking about you as he looks at that ten digit number in his bank account!

I did not realize the G- league paid that much money LOL!.  Also money is not the only thing in the world and money should not get the sole reason in making a decision.

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Those are different guys with the same name. It was a joke. 

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I did not realize the G- league paid that much money LOL!.  Also money is not the only thing in the world and money should not get the sole reason in making a decision.

Ah, Scott...surely your arms are getting sore, no?

1895256380_Beatingdeadhorse.gif.fdeff46f16a6ad8f716a74c18403bf2e.gif

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Looks like Tom Crean isn't the only one who understands how to turn a roster over each year...who left to make room for that one?

Well they lost Simpson and Teschke to graduation and Livers put his name into the draft.  they also have lost two to transfers in Castleton and Julius.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well they lost Simpson and Teschke to graduation and Livers put his name into the draft.  they also have lost two to transfers in Castleton and Julius.

Wonder if Castleton and Julius got the "Howard Juwan-na go somewhere else?" pitch...

Archived