Transfer Portal--2020

rico

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I knew the other grumpy old man would chime in!! Lol Scott meet NCHoosier...I suspect you guys can trade lawn maintenance tips lol!

All seriousness it would have been an incredible feat of athleticism but he did miss it so I don’t know why it gets brought up over ones that were thrown down but at this point it’s lore is up there with the Smart shot...so maybe a statue outside the Hall is coming lol!!

I wouldn't consider myself old since I am only 49 years old but never got excited on seeing dunks or cross over dribbles.  One most of the cross overs are carrying thee ball so it shouldn't even be part of the gme.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don't get it because he missed it and even if it went in is just worth two points just as a layup is so why get so excited over a dunk.

For me, its the fact that Vic even got up to the ball.  For Hulls being one of the best shooters ever at IU, i think he thought he was Finkle for a minute.....or was it Einhorn?? 🤨🤔  But that pass was about 4ft wide left.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't consider myself old since I am only 49 years old but never got excited on seeing dunks or cross over dribbles.  One most of the cross overs are carrying thee ball so it shouldn't even be part of the gme.

Scott’s baby pic...and in elementary lol

94AD2938-0961-40E8-B227-A75D3F7B856F.jpeg

C97080BA-EDF3-4568-9859-3EF3B609AA18.jpeg

you may be 49 but you sound 94 lol!!! Have a great weekend!!

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

i'm 46 and kind of consider myself a grumpy old man.  i do get excited for dunks.  i do get excited for crossovers, but only if they actually score and it bores me when they dribble around forever to show off then make the move.  

39 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm 46 and kind of consider myself a grumpy old man.  i do get excited for dunks.  i do get excited for crossovers, but only if they actually score and it bores me when they dribble around forever to show off then make the move.  

I will admit I hate the carrying the ball that goes on. It’s one thing to do a hesitation move where you keep your hand above the ball but you see it all the time in the nba and trickling down where kids put their hand below the ball as if they are stopping dribbling and picking it up to pass and then take off dribbling. That’s my biggest gripe but I’ve given up on it. It’s pointless to waste my breath and I’ve accepted the rules have just changed.

Francis Okoro leaving Oregon. Former top 100 4 star forward from Illinois. Bring him up because several Big 10 schools were involved before he headed for Eugene. Lost playing time out there. Had an injury and was hit by a car. Never seemed to get settled out there. Name to keep an eye on. 

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I SO AGREE about the blatant carrying of the ball on crossover moves!  I trace it back to Scoonie Penn era and always said even I could leave a defender's jock on the floor if allowed to carry like that!

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I will admit I hate the carrying the ball that goes on. It’s one thing to do a hesitation move where you keep your hand above the ball but you see it all the time in the nba and trickling down where kids put their hand below the ball as if they are stopping dribbling and picking it up to pass and then take off dribbling. That’s my biggest gripe but I’ve given up on it. It’s pointless to waste my breath and I’ve accepted the rules have just changed.

MJ made a pretty good living by doing exactly what you have said. It's pretty easy to get by when you have a running start😉

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Francis Okoro leaving Oregon. Former top 100 4 star forward from Illinois. Bring him up because several Big 10 schools were involved before he headed for Eugene. Lost playing time out there. Had an injury and was hit by a car. Never seemed to get settled out there. Name to keep an eye on. 

I think I read where his father passed away as well...he was a stud as a frosh.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:15 PM, IU Scott said:

Not really. But maybe in "your" definition. 

Jalen Coleman Lands in transfer portal again. Leaving Depaul. He has to be one of the first kids to be in the doctorate degree section of the transfer portal. I get wanting to leave Depaul but man....just always curious if he never left Cathedral and stuck around in state what would have happened. 

On 4/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, Seeking6 said:

Quick update on this one. Okoro said he's sitting out next year regardless of rule changes. Dealing with injuries I guess. Illinois and Purdue reaching back out to him again.

On 4/18/2020 at 7:47 AM, NCHoosier32 said:

I assume this off topic line of the thread is due to my posting of the missed Vic dunk in another thread as one of my all time favorite moments.  To me, its not the missed dunk.  Its everything about the moment in time.  The pass was so off and Vic was in the air incredibly long and he reached back and just couldn't get it to go down.  Had this almost dunk gone in, i think the internet would have broken, and they would have stormed the court right then and there.  There are allot of "Almost" moments in sports but this one has always stood out to me.  Vic also happens to be one of my favorite all time players and this missed moment was one that stands out when i think of him at IU.  

But you are correct, it was just a missed dunk.

Archived