Kind of OT. Little 500.

8 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

Sounds like they have basically shut campus down for the rest of the semester.  Residence hall and on-campus housing will close by March 20 and classes will be completed virtually.

I don't have a problem with caution. But this thing is crazy. Had a relative over for dinner today.  Who is a professor at the University of Denver.  She says she is allowed to go to her lab.  But hardly  no students on campus.  As the students have been told to took take final exams  on line.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't have a problem with caution. But this thing is crazy. Had a relative over for dinner today.  Who is a professor at the University of Denver.  She says she is allowed to go to her lab.  But hardly  no students on campus.  As the students have been told to took take final exams  on line.

No problem with caution either but the thing is, this response is going to set a precedent.  We may get to the end of this and it not be so bad.  If so, the response to this will be justified.  If estimates are right then they will say it could have been worse if we didnt take action.  At the end of the day this will be the example for future pandemics.  Tank the economy and put people out of business and in the poorhouse. 

20 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

No problem with caution either but the thing is, this response is going to set a precedent.  We may get to the end of this and it not be so bad.  If so, the response to this will be justified.  If estimates are right then they will say it could have been worse if we didnt take action.  At the end of the day this will be the example for future pandemics.  Tank the economy and put people out of business and in the poorhouse. 

Don't disagree with you.  But again, being a glass half full kind of guy.  The run on supplies means more income for stores and producers.

And as with the Iranian hostage situation under Jimmy Carter, we learned this country needed to become energy independent.  Took years. But we finally have gotten there.

Next step..... start making pharmisuticals ( Sp?) in this country, instead of depending upon China for over 90% of them.

9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Don't disagree with you.  But again, being a glass half full kind of guy.  The run on supplies means more income for stores and producers.

And as with the Iranian hostage situation under Jimmy Carter, we learned this country needed to become energy independent.  Took years. But we finally have gotten there.

Next step..... start making pharmisuticals ( Sp?) in this country, instead of depending upon China for over 90% of them.

Funny you mentioned the Iranian hostage situation. I just watched a show on the history channel last night featuring the Navy Seals and that situation was one that was covered.  Sorry for the off topic

1 hour ago, BDB said:

Funny you mentioned the Iranian hostage situation. I just watched a show on the history channel last night featuring the Navy Seals and that situation was one that was covered.  Sorry for the off topic

What with the facts that sports are shut down.... I honestly feel no subject or talking point is off topic.

Archived