IndyStar - IU to Hire Scott Dolson as next AD

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too would like to know why some of you didn't want Dolson. I have no knowledge of him or his qualifications, compared to Fred Glass or any other candidates. Sounds like it was him or Chris Reynolds though. I would have been fine with Reynolds, given his history and love for IU.

5 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

I too would like to know why some of you didn't want Dolson. I have no knowledge of him or his qualifications, compared to Fred Glass or any other candidates. Sounds like it was him or Chris Reynolds though. I would have been fine with Reynolds, given his history and love for IU.

It's not a shot at Dolson. 

Its more of a same old same old thing we have come to expect with this admin. 

When we need someone, we are more likely to hire within. "Within" has been more concerned with "looking good to the outside" more than winning over the past 2 decades. 

We are lucky that Dolson is still a legit guy. But we are very much wrapped up in the "good boys club". 

27 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

We don't care about our athletics department winning.

We care about ticket sales, fundraising, compliance, and academic prowess. Ignore the fact our nationwide academic standings continue to fall.

It's why we haven't done jack sh1t in 20 years.

Serious question how do you know what kind of AD Dolson will be?  Just because he worked under Glass does not mean that he believes in the same things or have the same philosophy.  Do you think just like your boss at work and if you were put into his position would you do things just the same.  None of us know what the qualities od a good AD is and what qualifications each of these guys had.

Also I feel glass did a very good job as AD at IU and has the athletic department in great shape.  if you would look at all sports which is the job of a college Ad you would see a lot of very good teams.

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Has anyone checked on @dbmhoosier? I hope he's ok! 

I'm developing a fever already. Just awful but again I told you all along it would be Dolson.  We have by far the most incompetent administration in the country by far and it just keeps getting worse. I'm just absolutely dumbfounded by how stupid our administration is.

giphy (9).gif

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm developing a fever already. Just awful but again I told you all along it would be Dolson.  We have by far the most incompetent administration in the country by far and it just keeps getting worse. 

dbm leading the "Charge!"

38106.gif

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

I'm developing a fever already. Just awful but again I told you all along it would be Dolson.  We have by far the most incompetent administration in the country by far and it just keeps getting worse. 

I would love to know why you hate Glass so much and there has to be a back story to this.  Glass was a very good AD here at IU so you have to have some kind of ax to grind with him because you just have an unhealthy hatred for the guy.  Also you have no idea what kind of job Dolson will do and you have no idea who most of the AD's are around to country to know if they are qualified for their jobs.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm disappointed in what appears to be an uninspired hire, but I'm also willing to give Dolson a chance to prove me wrong.  Chris Reynolds would have been fantastic...bummer.

Archived