IndyStar - IU to Hire Scott Dolson as next AD

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

25-6, 2nd place finish in conference is worse than Archie? And the "year 3" conveniently forgets they went to the Final Four last year. 

His 3rd year at Auburn was 18-14 and 7-11 in conference

Year 1 15-20    4-14

Year 2 11-20    5-13

Year 3 18-14    7-11

So yes Archie's 3rd year was better

Hmm...I really like this part. A decision has been made by the committee. I did my part of the rant. Now's the time to get on board and support him. This man deserves his chance for all his hard work over so many years and also being a diehard Hoosier for all his life. Go Hoosiers!

"From my perspective as athletic director, I think I need to do everything I can, whether it's helping with scheduling, creating the fan experience we need, just being a sounding board for the coaches. I want to be there every step of the way where I'm needed but also not to get in the way. I want to let the coaches have the freedom to execute their plan."

Talked to someone that knows both Scott Dolson and the basketball program very well. He told me from day 1 it would be Scott's job and that he thinks he will do very well. I don't know Scott but I trust this person's opinion. He feels that he is far from a yes man and does not have the same approach that we saw from Glass. i know nothing of these situations but wanted to share info from someone that is in a position to have a pretty good pulse on the situation. Does it mean success, not guaranteed but I like a lot of things that i was told. FWIW

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Talked to someone that knows both Scott Dolson and the basketball program very well. He told me from day 1 it would be Scott's job and that he thinks he will do very well. I don't know Scott but I trust this person's opinion. He feels that he is far from a yes man and does not have the same approach that we saw from Glass. i know nothing of these situations but wanted to share info from someone that is in a position to have a pretty good pulse on the situation. Does it mean success, not guaranteed but I like a lot of things that i was told. FWIW

Much appreciated! All I worried about about was that he might be too attached or inclined to the school administration so he might not be the best person to bridge the gap between the conservative school officials that live in the clouds and the coaching staff who has to deal with real life situations. 

On 3/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The argument in this thread of "IU basketball will be top 25 next year anyway" is weird and nonsensical. So the administration could have hired literally anyone since IUBB will be top 25 next year so what does it matter?

From an outsider's perspective, it looks like IU had the opportunity to hire the best candidate available (Reynolds) and blew it. Why would you not hire the best candidate available if he wants the job? I don't understand it.

Hopefully the insiders see something in Dolson other than "continuity" but my faith in this administration is low. I would not doubt for a second that their choice was based on the easy path of least resistance.

Reynolds was the best option as far as I’m concerned! What a missed opportunity!! More of the same going forward!!

On 3/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, Billingsley99 said:

Thanks for this! I hope what you were told comes to fruition!! I hope Dolson will be awesome for IU Basketball!

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any truth to the rumor over on BB that IU had decided to hire Reynolds but that just before the ink was dry Mcrobbie decided to intervene and hire Dolson instead?  Sounds like the Sampson hire all over again if true.

I can buy it from what I've heard about McRobbie and Mile was on here a day or two before the announcement acting like Reynolds was basically a done deal.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Is there any truth to the rumor over on BB that IU had decided to hire Reynolds but that just before the ink was dry Mcrobbie decided to intervene and hire Dolson instead?  Sounds like the Sampson hire all over again if true.

I can buy it from what I've heard about McRobbie and Mile was on here a day or two before the announcement acting like Reynolds was basically a done deal.

Pointless now! They are who some thought they were!! 

Archived