HBO Documentary "The Scheme" Will Wade, Sean Miller

I’ll never understand this. You’ve got Wade dead to rights on a wiretap explicitly talking about offers and money and nothing happens? I get that Miller was more careful with his words, though still obvious what he was implying, but how in the world is Wade still coaching? So frustrating? Is this thing still ongoing or did he just flip a big bird to everyone and go about his business unscathed? He’s what I can’t stand about college sports. 

I've repeated it many times, but as of today, Will Wade is FKIM01 Enemy #1.  If anyone needs thrown out of college basketball, it's that crook.  Sad thing is, as much as he's cheated, he wasn't all that successful this season, finishing with one more win than IU showed.

I have zero sympathy for Sean Miller and would like to see Archie put as much professional daylight between himself and his brother, but if I were running the NCAA, the first two coaches I'd clean out would be Will Wade and Bill Self.

I take these things very seriously but I also say this. Wake me when someone actually gets in trouble. Sorry to be that way. The cheating has been so bad for so long....no one knows how to fix because now the money is bigger than the little punishment. Risks are worth it to many. Again...for the purists. Not advocating this at all. Just saying when someone from a high profile program actually gets in trouble let me know. 

We remain the most heavily punished program in the last 20 years for what was basically a parking ticket.

33 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I've repeated it many times, but as of today, Will Wade is FKIM01 Enemy #1.  If anyone needs thrown out of college basketball, it's that crook.  Sad thing is, as much as he's cheated, he wasn't all that successful this season, finishing with one more win than IU showed.

I have zero sympathy for Sean Miller and would like to see Archie put as much professional daylight between himself and his brother, but if I were running the NCAA, the first two coaches I'd clean out would be Will Wade and Bill Self.

I long for the day Will Wade goes down. 

9 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know.  The thing is, he made the choice to go there. I hate it for him,  but again it was his choice. I sure wish he would have worn candy stripes like his older brother. 

Yeah, I don't feel bad for Trendon Watford at all. He put himself in whatever position he ends up in if anything happens to LSU, and he did it fully knowing about Will Wade. It's not like this stuff broke after Watford's commitment. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Christian Watford, he's one of my favorite players over the last 10+ years for IU, but until proven otherwise I pretty much assume his brother was bought and paid for by Will Wade. 

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

And, Trendon had to play for him instead of the school he grew up rooting for. 

He was forced to go there? Nope. Not only did he choose to go to LSU, he chose to do so despite an offer from IU. Your comment makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

He was forced to go there? Nope. Not only did he choose to go to LSU, he chose to do so despite an offer from IU. Your comment makes no sense.

I didn't say forced, my dialogue was sarcasm that at the end of the day he played for Wade and not the school he grew up rooting for or his home state who recruited him hard.  Without going into anything else, that is what I'm communicating.  We all know Trendon was recruited by IU, and you posted about Wade.  Therefore I kept up a discussion.

Pretty sure IU would have taken and loved to have had Trendon, considering the history that will live forever, that his brother left here.  However it was his choice.  A mistake looking into the rear view mirror ?  But I ask what one of us have never made a life mistake ? I know I have.  Always hard to look into the future.

But I say again. Trendon. Stuck in purgatory.  He's young. And a great kid, and bb player. Sure he will survive.

I’m not trying to be naive, dense, sarcastic or anything but sincere.  How on earth did he survive all that?  I don’t get it. 

The NCAA is a joke but how low can they go?  What they don’t get is that this type of thing hurts business, not helps.  The integrity of college basketball is in shambles and the sport is not what it was once was.  It just isn’t. 

Archived