Archie Has Things Trending Up...

11 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Might not be at the pace some want but anyone with an objective brain can see this thing is trending the right way. Recruiting has been great. We finally get a chance to return a team who played major minutes together. Next year is the year we take the step to compete for Big 10 title and beyond.

as long as we're trending up, i have no problem.  the pace doesn't matter to me as long as it's continually up.  i think that was the main thing with CTC.  he brought us up in a pretty impressive way for awhile considering where we were when he took over.  then it just seemed apparent that he had taken us to the highest level he was capable. 

I too am generally pleased with the direction the program is headed, especially as per recruiting and assembling a “ better” caliper of players. Ill continue to voice this one concern as I observe different lineups suggested on this sight. Our back court will improve simply with the addition of KL...and the other guard play will respond accordingly. We are simply more experienced @ the forward positions ( especially with the development of Race Thompson and Jerome Hunter), but we have a glaring hole @ center. TJD played beyond his freshman status and demanded double teams most of the time. He simply cant be counted on to carry the scoring load underneath without fouling out or wearing down as the season progresses. I dont rule out that Joey Brunk can put in the time and develop consistency in the paint... and I believe that his senior demeanor is important to the team as a whole.... but if the same Joey Brunk returns and is inserted into the same role... I see us loosing some games we coulda/ shoulda won. AGAIN, If he CAN show improvement.... different scenario! MIKE ROBERTS work with this guy!

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Fire CAM! 
Maybe Brad Stevens or Donovan will come back, and pick IU? 

Yeah fpeaugh just confirmed that Billy's wife was spotted in Btown shopping for horse farms.  Sounds like a done deal to me.  Maybe Dolson wasn't a bad hire after all.

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'm fine with it. I prefer a slow steady burn that turns into a white hot fire opposed to a quick answer but burns out because we had early departures.

I personally wouldn't have minded a big season last year with tournament games that our lottery pick would have actually chosen to play in, even if it meant a small step back this season, but that's just me. 

This season was only considered an improvement because last year was such an epic failure. 

6 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Ya I remember all the people that wanted CAM fired... Geesh what a joke. 

Very few posters have said they wanted him fired.

There were/are posters that expressed disappointment at the pace of the progress, and thought he was on or heading for the the hot seat, but for some reason others  (not saying you as I don’t know your position)  take that as a “fire him now” position.

I’ve never stated he should be fired but if you asked me when he was hired if I would be thrilled if IU went 9-11 in the conference, and tied for 10th, in his third year my answer would have been no (ie I’m in the camp that has been disappointed in the pace of improvement). I do see a better foundation and really hope this works out because, as I’ve said before, it would be rough for the program to go through yet another coaching change.

2 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Very few posters have said they wanted him fired.

There were/are posters that expressed disappointment at the pace of the progress, and thought he was on or heading for the the hot seat, but for some reason others  (not saying you as I don’t know your position)  take that as a “fire him now” position.

I’ve never stated he should be fired but if you asked me when he was hired if I would be thrilled if IU went 9-11 in the conference, and tied for 10th, in his third year my answer would have been no (ie I’m in the camp that has been disappointed in the pace of improvement). I do see a better foundation and really hope this works out because, as I’ve said before, it would be rough for the program to go through yet another coaching change.

Will be fine with Archie my friend just enjoy the ride 

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I personally wouldn't have minded a big season last year with tournament games that our lottery pick would have actually chosen to play in, even if it meant a small step back this season, but that's just me. 

This season was only considered an improvement because last year was such an epic failure. 

SMH...you make DBM look like a real sunshine pumper. 

I’m barely ok. I came into the season expecting more consistency in pure effort and intensity.

i personally love Archie to death and have said that many times. Love his personality. Love his temperament. He seems like the type of coach I would’ve LOVED to play for.

I hope SO much we did have cancers on the team as it has been rumored and with those likely gone it will truly help bring the team together and more focused. I sure hope we see a more sizable step next year but I do agree regardless of how slow if it keeps improving at all he will stay here and he should stay here. 👍🏻

Archived